Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Sad note for the MWT - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board
Register All Albums FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 03:37 AM
Charter Member

Default Sad note for the MWT

Andy "ND" Lacis, passed away Wednesday October 10th. He was a tireless volunteer for the MWT and other projects for the Saginaw Bay Walleye Club. Andy was the "bump Man" at weigh-ins. My thoughts and Prayers go out to the Family - He will be missed. Bob Carmichael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Jeff Seyka

Default RE: Sad note for the MWT

The thoughts and prayers of the Seyka family,go out to Andy's family.
Any information about the arrangments would be appreciated. I had a chance to really get to know Andy this year and shared numerous conversations with him, and I can still recall those as if Andy were speaking now. This comes as a great shock as I just found this out as I turned on my computer.I was just thinking last night how his salmon season was, and if he was able to use the spoons I had given him. We were going to work together this year on some new patterns. Rest assured there will be a spoon and spinner pattern with his name this Spring and it will be the most fishy pattern ever...

With a very heavy heart and a tear in my eye,you my friend will be missed but never forgotten.... See you on the water Andy!!!!!

Respectfully ,
Jeff Seyka
Old 10-13-2006, 02:35 PM
eyesgotu

There will be a memorial service for Andy on Sunday October 21 i believe. It's in saginaw, i think at Case funeral home on State and Shattuck.

I was friends with Andy for about 13 yrs or so and fished with him on the boat and on the ice and he was a great fisherman and a great teacher. He will surely be missed by me and all fellow friends and fishermen that knew him.

He just returned back from da SOO salmon fishing and had a bag of fillets for my dad not too long ago. That was probably his last fishing trip. He loved fishing for salmon up on the St. Mary's River, jigging for walleyes in the saginaw river and trolling for walleyes in the spring up off Augres.

He was always a regular at the club meetings and a regular customer at Frank's buying or ordering the latest tackle and equipment. He had everything if you saw his boat and ice fishing sled. It would have been nice to seen my friend one last time. We will all miss you Andy.

The Fall Classic on the Saginaw River Nov 4 should be dedicated in his name and renamed: Andy's Fall Classic. He was always working hard the past few years to try and organize the event.

eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Charter Member

Eric - That's a GREAT idea. A fitting tribute, for a very nice Man. Bob
Old 10-13-2006, 07:47 PM
Charter Member

Eric - That's a GREAT idea. A fitting tribute, for a very nice Man. Bob
Old 10-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

Anyone have a pic of ND, I can't put a face with the name. Thanks Skeeter

Use the WALLEYE CENTRAL BUSINESS DIRECTORY "Skeeters Stuff" under marine supplies (boat cleaning supplies), it really does work.

https://www.walleyecentral.com/wcdire...ry=Boat%2FMari
Old 10-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

Anyone have a pic of ND, I can't put a face with the name. Thanks Skeeter

Use the WALLEYE CENTRAL BUSINESS DIRECTORY "Skeeters Stuff" under marine supplies (boat cleaning supplies), it really does work.

https://www.walleyecentral.com/wcdire...ry=Boat%2FMari
Old 10-14-2006, 04:51 AM
Captain Jay

My thoughts and prayers will be with his family during the next few weeks.

His and my salmon season were always at the same time in the Soo, and it was always a pleasure fishing next to him on the water every year.

Salmon season will never be the same up there anymore.

Captain Jay
Old 10-14-2006, 10:32 AM
eyesgotu

I think that it's only fitting that we recognize this GREAT individual, fishermen, and FRIEND by having an event in his name. Maybe the club can even get a scholarship in his name for students going to college in the area of biology. If not, then the club should do at least something to recognize Andy and how he will not be forgotten, but surely missed. Andy was a GREAT FRIEND and PERSON!!
Gosh, it sure does suck having to respond to messages on Andy's passing. It doesn't get much more depressing. I just shake my head in disgust that he's gone. I can only think of one thing to do that will take my mind off this and it would be what Andy loved to do.
GO FISHING!!