Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Do you tip the pizza guy? If so how much? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2004, 07:28 AM
JMW

Default RE: Do you tip the pizza guy? If so how much?

THEY COUNT ON TIPS! I USUALLY TIP THREE TO FOUR DOLLARS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Tip

Since the price for the pizza is usually the same for delivery or pick-up, tip the delivery guy whatever it is worth for you to be able to sit at home on your butt and have him deliver to you.

Heck, waitstaff expect %15-20 of your tab for carrying your food 50 feet from the kitchen to your table among a few other small duties...a pizza guy is driving to your house with his/her own car!

Thats my .02.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Tip

Since the price for the pizza is usually the same for delivery or pick-up, tip the delivery guy whatever it is worth for you to be able to sit at home on your butt and have him deliver to you.

Heck, waitstaff expect %15-20 of your tab for carrying your food 50 feet from the kitchen to your table among a few other small duties...a pizza guy is driving to your house with his/her own car!

Thats my .02.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:15 PM
onearmbandit

Gotta say I'm impressed with your answers. As a former delivery guy for Domino's (thats how I paid for my boat), any tip is greatly appreciated. And as a tip to costumers, I'll let you in on a little secret back at the store; drivers usually remember good tippers, so when they take a run (usually 3-4 orders at a time) they will intensionally make sure they habitual big tippers are first on their route. Costumer satisfaction is a big issue with tipping, so drivers will usually make sure they bring plenty of extras (cheese,peppers, napkins, etc) to them. 4 years of delivering paid for my boat, anew hunting rifle and scope, and the cash to use them. Now my wife and I make sure we are generous with those who deliver to us. "Remember, we're in this together!" Red Green
Old 04-26-2004, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

Hey Grumpy - I used to live on Grotto for a few years and ordered a LOT, and you prolly helped to make me fat! ha! I hope I tipped you well - usually at least 2 bucks plus change.

-Box

https://www.walleyecentral.com/photop...&ppuser=103808
Old 04-26-2004, 05:11 PM
GU

20% rounded to the nearest $5 plus the change is what I do for everything. $10 = $2, $13 = $3, etc.

If I think business is slow, especially busy, service was especially good, or in the case of delivery - weather nasty, I'll bump that up a bit.

Old 04-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Pizza man

Thats what some of my relatives and others who knew me from college days called me. As well as tipping we also memerized which cute girls lived where been 20 years and I still know the address of the women that ALWAYs wore the teddy. Delivering pizza is how I put myself through college. You take care of the delivery guy they will take care of you. Occasionally, we would have a extra pizza we would just give away to cutomers that were always nice to us. I tip 3 to 4 weather a 10 dollar or a 50 dollar order. Anybody here remember the NOID? wa_walleye
Old 03-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Pizza Driver

Default tip the driver

I'm a pizza delivery driver and no one tips worth a crap. i can barely afford to put gas in my car. i would suggest that people tip better because we don't get much of the delivery charge. my restaurant charges a $2 delivery fee and we only get a dollar of that.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMW View Post
THEY COUNT ON TIPS! I USUALLY TIP THREE TO FOUR DOLLARS.
Usually a couple dollars ($2-$3).
Old 03-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Wallhanger

Local delivery drivers get a full wage, plus a little extra for mileage and stores already charge a delivery fee. No tip from me unless order is large or the weather is bad.