Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Buena Vista Lodge, Mylie place, on Lake of the woods - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 03-07-2003, 07:28 AM
Wallhanger

Default Buena Vista Lodge, Mylie place, on Lake of the woods

Good morning!!

Anyone ever stayed at these places? Looking for fairly inexpensive lodging for a week in late July, and came across these two places. So..any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much everyone!!

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2003, 11:31 AM
Minnow

Default RE: Buena Vista Lodge, Mylie place, on Lake of the woods

I have stayed at Buena Vista a couple times. I would stay there again. The cabins were nice and clean. I have not stayed at Mylie's but I have been by it. It looks a little smaller than Buena Vista but I have heard good reports about Mylie's from others.
Old 03-07-2003, 01:19 PM
fuzzy

I stayed at Buena Vista once and didn't really care for it. The people were nice, and there's a nice restaurant there, but I thought it was a little cluttered and dirty. Not the "wilderness experience I was after". Plus, they charged for a lot of extra's which really added up, such as a fee to launch my boat, extra for ice, etc. I would recommend another lodge on LOTW where your daily rate is all inclusive except for drinks and fishing license. It is Reel'em Inn Lodge on Alexandria Island. It's a 25 mile boat ride out from Morson, Ontario which the lodge provides included in your rate. It's a lot better value than Buena Vista in my opinion, and my experience is that the quality of fishing is better in the area of the lake where it is located. Fishing in late July, early August there is excellent as the weather generally tends to be more stable than in June. I'll be there myself in late July. Let me know if you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Fuzzy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Fireman

I have fished out of Buena Vista for 15 years. Several friends have places near there. They charge comparable to other similar lodges, and are in a great location with a sheltered marina. They also have camp sites which are very reasonable. The guys on the dock are great to deal with. They will give you some advice about where to fish. They have several excellent guides with entire lifetimes of experience. There web site is http://www.buenavistaresort.com/ incase you haven't seen it. It's a good site. If you go there there's a good chance we'll meet, I have several trips planned there this year. If you are looking for good, convenient and economical, I highly reccomend Buena Vista. Myllie's is also nice, but I have never stayed there. Check out the big fish list on the BVR web site, June and July was outstanding last year. Have Fun!!
Old 03-08-2003, 10:25 PM
Charter Member

VMS

Buena Vista is an excellent resort and the people that run are very helpfull. They will always give you tips on where the fish are and if you need a guide they have excellent ones. As far as the quality of fishing it is just as good as Alexandria Island and you don't have to travel 25 miles. For all the years I have fished most places charge for ice and launching your boat. And if you like muskie fishing Sabaskon Bay has some of the best muskie fishing on the lake.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Minnow

Have been staying at Mylie's for about 15 years now. Always have had good service.
Prices are in line with others in the area. In the last 2-3 years they have remodeled all of the cabins. They have good camping spots and nice spots if you want to pull a travel trailer and park it.
Have not stayed at the main resort at Buena Vista but had one of their outpost cabins about 3 years ago. It was a nice cabin and good location.
Both places have very good people running them.
Just a tip, make sure to buy some of the Red River Bread that they make at Buena Vista, it is great!! To be sure to get fresh bread you should order the day before. We always bring about 12 loaves home each trip.
Here is Mylie's web site:
www.myliesplace.com
Either place will get you into some of the finest fishing on LOTW.

Keep Your Rod Bent !!!
GrandPops