Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Skeeter WX2100 inside layout - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-08-2012, 05:59 AM
Minnow

Default Skeeter WX2100 inside layout

I just bought a WX2100 and in the process of laying out the inside of the boat for rods, fishing gear, pliers, etc. Looking for any ideas or advice....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 07:56 AM
Charter Member

Tommy,
Honestly, the best thing to do is to start out slow with a little gear and go fishing.

When you are in the boat using it, just see how it sets up for you and your needs.

When you are actually fishing, where do you want things to be located to be most convenient and easy to keep and store.

Don't be on a big must fish fishing outing for the first few times you take your boat out on the water.

Handle your gear storage in the same way as you fish. Let the fish speak to you and you will find the fish.

Let your gear speak to you so that they may find the best storage location.

Every boat, every user of every boat has different needs and issues.
Everything is unique between users and boats.

Address your unique needs in the way that makes the most sense to you and you will be in good shape.

The old adage is simple. Things that are in constant use should be close at hand.
Things that are used infrequently, can be stored far away and deep.

Take care
REW
Old 04-08-2012, 06:56 PM
Wallhanger

Don't know exactly what you are looking for but in my WX2100 the cooler is where I keep my Gulp Alive products. That way when they leak I can just rinse it out. Wasn't much good as a cooler any way.

Rods go in rod locker in rod sleeves bought from Bass Pro Shop. I have at least 18 rods in there and no tangling. Port storage on bow is tackle boxes and bags, rulers for measuring fish planer boards, starboard side is for life jackets, anchors, bumpers and other misc.

In the cabin starboard locker is bottom bouncers sorted by size in Plano boxes, works nice. Port side locker has paper towels, plastic cups, worm rags, sun screen, bug juice and some other misc. stuff.

Landing net holder is mounted in the middle of back wall right between the jump seats.

I do carry more stuff than REW would, but the WX2100 is awesome for storage and I don't worry about speed or fuel.

Glove box is well a glove box, pliers, a couple of wrenchs, registration, misc junk. ****, I think there is even a pair of gloves in there.

Last edited by brentfrank; 04-08-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Minnow

Thank you for the responses and advice so far.

I'm looking at adding some kind of vertical rod holders to the inside of the boat for storing rods in between trolling. After fishing the rods will be stored inside the rod locker. Also some sort of brackets for pliers, sisccors, net, etc. I did some research yesterday and found this Fish On rod holder. Any one ever have any experiance with this before?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boating/Rod-Holders-Storage/Rod-Racks-Storage%7C/pc/104794380/c/104763780/sc/104540580/Fish-On-Rod-Racks/737889.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fboati ng-rod-holders-storage-rod-racks-storage%2F_%2FN-1100636&WTz_l=SEO%3Bcat104540580

This is my first fiberglass boat so a little nervous to just start drilling holes in the boat with out being sasitified with the set up. In my past aluminum boats it didnt bother me at all.

Thanks,
TommyP6
Old 04-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

These rod holders will work well. They are rather expensive, but will work just fine.

Also, This Berts rod holder will fit into some rod bases:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Berts...h-All+Products

Lots of folks use these rod holders. INexpensive and very tough:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Econo...h-All+Products

or:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Fish-...h-All+Products

These racks are very popular because you can normally purchase the rack with the base that will fit an empty seat pedestal in your boat:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...h-All+Products
Old 04-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Keeper

Default Where are trhe pics

Where are the pictures we want to see pictures of that new boat. Try somethings then when fishing like REW said you 'll figure it out.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Wallhanger

Granrud feels there is enough room in his WX2100 to even bring his wife.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1299064865_DSCF0033-Copy.JPG
Views:	341
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	14978   Click image for larger version

Name:	1299064899_DSCF0034-Copy.JPG
Views:	385
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	14979  
Old 04-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Minnow

I found a few pictures of the boat when it was for sale. This is my first time posting attaching pictures so if doesnt work i'm sorry. Thank you for all the replies. Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	14983   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat1.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	14984   Click image for larger version

Name:	Boat2.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	14985  
Old 04-09-2012, 08:27 PM
Keeper

Default Nice !

That is one good looking boat ! Good luck and of course great fishing !
Old 04-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyP6 View Post
I found a few pictures of the boat when it was for sale. This is my first time posting attaching pictures so if doesnt work i'm sorry. Thank you for all the replies. Enjoy!
Tommy- nice looking boat. Mine 2100 is very similar. I am attaching a couple of pics of what i have done the past couple weeks. I added a plkers and a towel onto my butt seat post and i also mounted some additional beverage holders, one in tje bow and a couple mkre in the back. You will notice they are black. Hope this gives u some other ideas.
You will love this boat! I purchased mine last fall and absolutely love it! I fish the missouri river, lake sakakawea and lake oahe. This is the wave crusher and also has tons of space! Enjoy it.

Pictures to come in next reply