Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Traxstech? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Minnow

Default Traxstech?

Anyone try the traxstech trolling bar, input and opionions would be greatly appriaciated. If so how are the downrigger mounts on the trolling bar.

Ps spankysgang if your reading this, well it's time to upgrade my downrigger setup!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2011, 10:20 AM
fishman202555

I have a complete traxstech trolling bar set-up on a 621 ranger. I use 4 downriggers on it. I have fishlanders (big jons). I have 2 long tip up booms going out the back and 2 short booms going out the side. I have really been happy about the set-up for years now and highly reccomend it.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Minnow

Fishman - do you have any pictures of your set up. I'm planning on getting a 621 and would also like to set up riggers (also 4) Does the trolling bar interfer with the compartments and casting platform at the back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Minnow

Lund1975prov
oh yes I am reading!
You have until Christmas to figure out a downrigger setup and post pictures so I can buy my boat...lol

Per your suggestion I looked at the traxstech system...very interested.
I don't like the idea of an across the back trolling bar and would much rather mount a track system along the rails (front to back) and mount the rigger to the track or even directly to the rail. I just don't know if the small width rails can support the pressures of holding the track and the downrigger.

With the popularity of this boat surely Lund or an outside manufacturer must have some type of bracket that would work. I would think this would be a popular addition to perhaps the traxstech system? Hopefully they are reading this......

I was out on the weekend on a friends boat (Princecraft) and he has a simple bracket screwed into the outside part of the rial and is bent up, across, down, then angled to the side of the boat and bolted. He has his scotty base mounted to the bracket. Very simple, comes right from Princecraft. If I can't get the downriggers mounted on the Lund then I will look at the Princecraft...but I like the in floor rod holder, bow storage and 2 live wells on the Lund.

So many options...so hard to choose....why cant they build the boat I want?

Good luck and please keep us informed of your progress!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Fishman202555

The downrigger board does not interfere with anything opening up. Works great easy to put on and take off. If you want picks email meatFishman2025@aol.com.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Minnow

Spankysgang, i would not recrommend the traxstech on the gunnel alone. If that's what your saying." The downrigger weight would ripe the side and gunnel from the boat" that's what my dealer said. He said he has seem it done before.

Princecraft does have nice trolling/downrigging boats.

Have you read my post about the custom made bracket, you would have to drill and bolt into the gunnel and side.

When i decid to either flip the seats up or down i simply plan on losening the thumb nuts on the riser and moving the trolling bar behind the seats and storing it there.

Lund1975prov

Ps i'll try my best to get pics posted when i get them but i need to know how =)
Old 10-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lund1975prov View Post
Spankysgang, i would not recrommend the traxstech on the gunnel alone. If that's what your saying." The downrigger weight would ripe the side and gunnel from the boat" that's what my dealer said. He said he has seem it done before.

Princecraft does have nice trolling/downrigging boats.

Have you read my post about the custom made bracket, you would have to drill and bolt into the gunnel and side.

When i decid to either flip the seats up or down i simply plan on losening the thumb nuts on the riser and moving the trolling bar behind the seats and storing it there.

Lund1975prov

Ps i'll try my best to get pics posted when i get them but i need to know how =)

Try this...

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...b3_attachments

Al
Old 10-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lund1975prov View Post
Horse pucky....That's how all of my boats have been rigged. You just need to make sure you have backing plates, or at the very least fender washers to prevent this from happening. If it STILL isn't enough, you might not want to buy a Lund next time around KIDDING!!!
Seriously, it shouldn't be a problem if done right.

Joe