Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Rapala Shad Dancer - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 07-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Wallhanger

Default Rapala Shad Dancer

Has anyone tried the new Rapala Shad Dancers yet and if so, what'd you think of them? I haven't tried them yet, but just looking at them, they look like they should be some good crank baits. They remind me a lot of the Salmo Hornet profile.
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2016, 08:00 PM
Keeper

i think they were just released at icast and just went on sale. i could be wrong on that, havent looked into them more than seeing a couple pics and what TW has on their site, they do say they are in stock on TW though, for all 14 colors they carry.

Last edited by Canga~; 07-24-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:43 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canga~ View Post
i think they were just released at icast and just went on sale. i could be wrong on that, havent looked into them more than seeing a couple pics and what TW has on their site, they do say they are in stock on TW though, for all 14 colors they carry.

FWIW....FF had the shad dancer is all colors I believe, also had the new flat jig and the new scatter rap husky jerks.

Picked up 8 of the shad dancers look good to me like it has been mentioned look very similar to the salmo hornets.

Later
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2017, 06:03 PM
Minnow

Default Shad dancers

I just saw them on ebay the other day. I ordered 6 of them and got them today. They look good enough that I should have ordered more! I fish a lot of shallow river water with jointed shad raps, flicker shads and this will be a nice change up because it doesn't have a rattle.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:47 PM
Wallhanger

Looked for them at Gander yesterday. Not to be found. I hope they go to bigger sizes. I'll look for the Hornets and see if I will still buy Shad dancers.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:40 PM
Wallhanger

So I was at Cabela's in Richfield today and picked up 4 Shanddancers and 3 Salmo Hornets. I want to run these side by side and see what produces. I exceeded the crank budget this year....so I guess I dipped into next years budget.
So I'll compare Shad Raps, Tail dancers, Shad dancer's, and Hornets. Have a pretty good assortment of RR 200's.
Should be an interesting comparison. Pretty slim assortment on colors at Cabela's
Old 03-20-2017, 08:18 AM
Slot Fish

Shad dancer in purpledescent was the hot bait for us on the MO river saterday. We did try a couple of Hornets and this bait outfitted them. Im sure we will have plenty of days where the opposite is true as well.

NPAA: 1280
2018 Cabela's NTC All-American
Old 03-20-2017, 02:44 PM
Wallhanger

I started this thread last July and had a chance to use Shad Dancers after that. I trolled them with leadcore both on Devils Lake and Lake of the Woods and they quickly made their way into my core group of go to baits on both bodies of water. I can't say they'll replace Hornets or anything of the sort, but Rapala certainly came out with another great walleye crank bait in my opinion. I do wish that Rapala made more than one size of Shad Dancer.