Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Transfering waypoints? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 03-20-2017, 09:25 PM
Slot Fish

Default Transfering waypoints?

I just upgraded from Gen 1 HDS 7's to Gen 2 HDS 9's. Gen 3's were way out of my budget but the Gen2's on sale at Cabela's Basically I bought 3 for the price of 2. Anyway, how do I transfer my old waypoints to the new units?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2017, 03:46 AM
Wallhanger

I believe your backup waypoints-SD-Card Gen 2 units will be able to read. Not sure if Ethernet will transfer WPs from Gen1 to Gen2, if so that might be the fastest way.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Wallhanger

One the gen1 hit pages, scroll over to files, enter, then select waypoints/routes/trails, enter, export, select your sd card and give it a name.

Then on the gen2, files, select sd card, enter to expand, highlight the waypoint file, enter, import.

If you have Ethernet hooked up in your boat simply hook up the gen1 to the gen2. Then hook up the other gen2.
NPAA #523
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2017, 09:23 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter20 View Post
One the gen1 hit pages, scroll over to files, enter, then select waypoints/routes/trails, enter, export, select your sd card and give it a name.

Then on the gen2, files, select sd card, enter to expand, highlight the waypoint file, enter, import.

If you have Ethernet hooked up in your boat simply hook up the gen1 to the gen2. Then hook up the other gen2.
Thank You