Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
LOTW Siuox Narrows - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-12-2000, 05:06 PM
Minnow

Default LOTW Siuox Narrows

We left 1/6 and it took 11hrs. to get to ourcabin because of snow.we got back sun. nite 1/9. 3 bdrm cabin available for your use,Post!! fishing was slow, however this was our 1st hardwater trip to the narrows and we found out all kinds of info!! #1 you can't use barbs or bait on some bays in this area, which cut out our tipups we had planned to spread out to "find" fish. #2 sport shops are closed at the narrows because of #1 i imagine. We could have fished some bays closer to the cabin, but we lost 1 day fishing the barbless/baitless area, another half day because of cold -20, then elected to go down to Sabaskong bay to a "hot" spot. the spot only gave up a few walleyes and some perch which we were able to feed the crew with. We heard crappies were biting "spotty so we did'nt try. I may go in Feb. or Mar., 1st i'll try for lake trout which are easy, so we heard, then tip ups around the cabin and on the way home Hay island for crappies. sounds easy, at least it's a plan and i now know some of the ins and outs. If interested in cabin post as my e-mail does'nt work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2000, 05:24 PM
Minnow

Default RE: LOTW Siuox Narrows

P.S. to others who have posted about LOTW:
I have heard snake bay is good for numbers early in the season, yellow girl is always good, when their biting, try points,humps etc. Whitefish bay is good for size, we took 2-27"& 2 28" on labor day weekend. Easy places to start are humps that are marked by buoys, just be sure you know which side to approach from. I like to fish 10- 30' with a bottom bouncer and a spinner w/ crawler. slip sinker w/ single hook and livebait works good for less active fish,just hover above them and stick the bait(on bottom)in their face!! I used to troll with stick baits but have found these methods better when fish are'nt jumping in the boat!!
Has anyone noticed that Canada keeps tighting regulations? If they keep going at the current rate within 5 yrs. it will be catch and release only, you must use only 1 single canada bought hook and rented canada equipment including boat, rods,food etc. plus you will have to pay a trophy fee for each fish caught and released(american funds only!) Seriously, i understand what their trying to do but it will eventually blow up in their faces. I like my american money also, eh!!