Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
mounting a new lowrance - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Minnow

Default mounting a new lowrance

I got a new lowrance gen 5 with gps and dsi, I plan on moving my old lowrance 125 to the bow and run both transducers on the back of the boat. will they interfere with each other? dont really want to move the 125 trans to the bow mount becouse of the speedo on it, any sugestion would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallydrifter View Post
I got a new lowrance gen 5 with gps and dsi, I plan on moving my old lowrance 125 to the bow and run both transducers on the back of the boat. will they interfere with each other? dont really want to move the 125 trans to the bow mount becouse of the speedo on it, any sugestion would be great.
Not an expert but don't if I am not wrong, you can run 200zHz on Lowrance125 and 83kHz on the HDS5. I read it somewhere if they are on a different kHz, you should be ok.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:40 AM
Minnow

Guess its worth a try. If don't work guess i could move to my bow mount, but then i would have to buy a new Trans to get rid of the Speedo. If i change to 80khz what would that do to the picture? If I'm learning this right deeper water more khz, shallower water less khz? In Nebraska other than big Mac the deepest is around 20-25 foot

Last edited by wallydrifter1; 03-12-2013 at 08:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 12:34 PM
Minnow

Anybody else have any experience with this?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

Wally,
I just called Lowrance and found that when you use a Lowrance 200/83 Khz depth finder on one frequency, that the other frequency is 100% off.

So that means, if you have both transducers on the back of your boat, and you have each depth finder set on a different frequency, you should get 0 interference.

By the way, great idea to NOT put the transducer in the trolling motor. You have 100% full time bow unit depth information whether the trolling motor is in the water or not and no hassle running cables to the trolling motor.

Be safe
REW

Last edited by REW; 03-13-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Lowranc...dwg_032504.pdf

Notice the Blue connector - plugging into the x125.
That means that you need the blue extension cable to take care of both depth finder and speed information.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Minnow

Rew your awsome thanks for the info, i did have a hummingbird mounted on my bow mount and it drove me crazy haveing that cable their in the way all the time, so yes it will be nice cleaning the bow up, thank you again on the info and the cord color