Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Toshiba LCD - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

Default Toshiba LCD

Anyone have a Toshiba Regza LCD TV? I had a 32" that went bad before 90 days and they are replacing it. I am a little nervous since the first one didn't last 90 days. I have the option of buying a different model but really like the one I had (really great picture). Any have any experience with the TV?

rod bender bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

Default Toshiba LCD

Anyone have a Toshiba Regza LCD TV? I had a 32" that went bad before 90 days and they are replacing it. I am a little nervous since the first one didn't last 90 days. I have the option of buying a different model but really like the one I had (really great picture). Any have any experience with the TV?

rod bender bob
Old 09-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: Toshiba LCD

It is likely that you simply had one of the few infrequent - burn in failures - that happen from time to time with electronic equipment.

That is why the 90 day replacement policy is great on electronic items.
As long as it is not dropped, or subjected to over or under voltage - unless it fails within the first 90 days on infant mortality - it is quite likely that it will last many years with no service required. That is the nature of todays reliable solid state devices.

I had picked up a new 20 inch wide screen pc lcd monitor a year or so ago. It lasted 34 days before having a problem. I had it replaced under warrenty and no further problems with the replacment.

Take care
REW

p.s.
The prices have continued to drop on TVs. Before doing a straight replacment, you might check out some other models. It is possible that you can get a different model for the same price as you paid for the original one - and have the new one for no extra money.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2007, 03:04 PM
Wallhanger

I don't have one, but sounds good:

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-a...tag=prod.txt.1

I like the LCD TVs and would get one myself, as soon as the wife wants to allow that to happen. :)

Sorry wrong one...

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-a...tag=prod.txt.1

karpbuster

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness."

C.S. Lewis
Old 09-04-2007, 06:53 PM
Wallhanger

Don't sweat it. Generally speaking, those LCD's will fail in the first thirty days or run the race. (unless mishandled or exposed to the elements)

Take a good look at your replacement, for dead/active pixels. If it all looks good, you should be fine for a long time to come.

The LCD's and Plasma units are so much better looking than the other options. You chose good. Just got an unlucky unit.

:rock-on:
Old 09-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Charter Member

I used to sell audio and video systems from inexpensive to tens of thousands of dollars. If something went wrong, it typically occurred within the first 10 to 90 days. It happens to all types and brands in all price ranges. Don't sweat it, enjoy your purchase.