Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Grills...might be in the market - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Wallhanger

Default Grills...might be in the market

I have had a Weber grill for about 12 to 14 years and while it still works great, the new house we live in has a gas line to the deck. I am thinking I might want to get a new grill to utilize the natural gas line vs using a tank. Especially since I just ran out of gas when cooking. Have a constant source right there. I know you can convert but it seems silly to convert an almost 15 year old grill.

Stay with Weber or go a different route? Want something fairly large with a rotisserie etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

I went with the Weber Summit set up for natural gas and love it. It replaced a 20 year old Weber Genesis
Old 03-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterwolff View Post
I went with the Weber Summit set up for natural gas and love it. It replaced a 20 year old Weber Genesis
Same here, ours is propane, but a nat gas weber would be killer.

You know you want a new grill don't you?

Al
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Wallhanger

I would stick with Weber also. Our Genesis is about 14 years old and still works great. I would have a difficult time switching brands with the service our Weber has given us. We purchased a less costly brand for our cabin. It was never exposed to the elements and only lasted a few years. Now have a Weber Q which cooks much nicer than the "other" brand did. Had a difficult time justifying the cost of a Genesis for 1 month a year plus a couple of weekends.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:46 PM
Minnow

Take a serious look at a Green Mountain pellet grill. It will grill the best food you have ever had, plus have the option to bake, smoke and so much more. Just baked another pie on ours.... unbelievable how juicy the steaks and pork chops are.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:10 PM
Wallhanger

Weber. I've had 4 grills, the 1st 3 lasted 2 years. Got my Weber in 2006. I run about 100lbs of propane through it a year and I finally had to buy a new ignitor for a whopping $14 shipped to my door.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Wallhanger

I had a couple of webers. My biggest complaint about them is the burners, they run north to south. I changed over to a grill where the burners run east to west, which is perfect. I now see where weber is starting to change over and some of their grills go east to west now also.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:51 AM
AnthonyE

If the grill body & frame are in good condition & the burners are in good shape keep the Weber & convert it to natural gas. Conversion is relatively simple & would'nt be too costly. A new natural gas Weber would be nice with the new home too. Maybe give your propane one to a friend or family member. Whichever way you go stay with Weber. They're the best gas grill for the money IMHO. I repair them all, they hold up well & have a good burner design to avoid flare ups so you grill your food instead of burn it.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Slot Fish

Thumbs up

Weber Porcelain Charcoal Grill, it has propane igniter, and handy bag storage. I have one of the first ones (5 yrs.) they made and it still works great. There are to many advantages to mention. The propane ignites the charcoal fast and clean. I've had some of the best gas grills that money can buy, and I'll never go back to gas after having one of these. Any one I've talked to that has one, has the same thing to say about them.
http://www.grillr.com/Weber_Performer_Grill.html
Old 04-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Minnow

I would agree with the green mountain pellet grill. I love mine. grill/smoker