Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger trailer brakes - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 09-17-2011, 06:48 AM
Keeper

work 1st
I had a 97 dodge that i bought new that the brake pad let loose, it was under warranty and they didnt say drain the fluid and bring it in.They picked it up.
I purchased a new garden tractor this spring and it started to miss. They came and picked it up at no cost.
My buddy bought a new camper and the brakes acted up on him 400 miles away. The dealership found the closest camper place and they picked it up plus they paid for 2 nights lodging.
Bottom line is Ranger stepped up to the plate.
I have other warranty issues which I had planned on taking the boat down. I have no problem traveling 75 miles safely.Maybe we as new owners of anything should not take no as a amswer and take matters into our own hands instead of relying on somebody else to handle our problems.
I did and now its being fixed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 08:41 AM
Wallhanger

Default ranger brakes

so I have a new Ranger w/trailer also.I'm getting real concerned about the UFP acctuator. it sure makes a mess of things with it decide not to release, I saw Walleye and Roosters rotors they were toasted. Scary thought when you commonly travel 300 miles one way to lakes like we do out west here. Sure would like an explanation of what is found wrong with these acctuators. Lemons or design problem? anybody know if this acctuator is new this year? I beleive the UFP vault axle are new this year, sure hope they prove to be 5 year maintence free.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Minnow

work1st--So your throwing Ranger under the bus it sounds like to me. WOW! I know when I go to buy another boat that this particular dealership will be out of the question. I also know that it probably will be for many of others that I/we network with in tournament fishing and elsewhere. You should of bent over backwords in this case, and did what you had to do to keep the CUSTOMER happy, and dealt with this issue with Ranger and not let the customer have to deal with it, especially when their spending that kind of money on something. SAD!!

Last edited by Juls; 10-27-2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: removed the swearing...not allowed.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Keeper

Now if they would just fess up to the stupid design on the spare being under the trailer and change it for me (wishful thinking)....I would be a happy camper!

See you on the lake

Joe

Joe
Old 09-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Minnow

Ranger did step up to the plate...... after you mentioned getting attorneys involved. Why should the dealer have to pay for this issue? After all they did not manufacture the trailer.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Wallhanger

Default done

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeltime84 View Post
Now if they would just fess up to the stupid design on the spare being under the trailer and change it for me (wishful thinking)....I would be a happy camper!

See you on the lake

Joe
my new ranger trailer has the spare mounted on the side of the trailer horizontial. I love it creates a great step into the bow of the boat and gives me a place to step off when winching onto the trailer, you can still order with basket under trailer Dragger mount if you like it like that.....this is one the reata trailer sf4500
Old 10-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Wallhanger

Default Final assessment

Edgewalter,

What was the final verdict of the problem with your brakes on the trailer. Was it the actuator not releasing? Had same issue on my 620 trailer this weekend.

Bill
Old 10-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Keeper

Bill, It was the Actuator that would not release but the tongue frame it sets in is out of spec which is causing the issue. I have a swing tongue so Ranger sent a whole new swing tongue with everthing installed. Put about 200 miles on it and no problem. Ranger also replaced the entire braking system including brake lines.
Bill if its a 2011 trailer get it in. Mine acted up once then worked for about a month then it was roach city.
It will get worse and they know there is a issue.
Good Luck, Ed
Old 10-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Wallhanger

Default Ranger brakes.

Just got the trailer back after a long week of some of the best fishing of the season. They told me they could not find anything wrong with the trailer. Got 20 miles from town and decided to stop and do a check and in 15 total miles in 50 degree weather with only the time that it took me to stop ( no other braking ) the rotors at the pad were to hot to touch and I could get a little sizzle when I spit on them. Called the dealer back up and he said he would call Ranger. We tried to push the brake release and it would not click or respond at all. The brakes don't seem to be grabbing to the point that you would notice but are dragging just enough. Ranger is going to send out a new actuator. They said it is not a common problem but the have had a few that would not release.

Thanks for starting this post. It has been helpful to me. It is always nice though when you get guys that shoot staight and dont spread the bull.

Bill