Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Kansas Walleye Report - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 04-28-2012, 07:39 AM
Slot Fish

Default Kansas Walleye Report

Bite is strong in Kansas this week. Caught quite a few 18"+ fish from Miola Lake KS right up on the weed line Thursday evening on a 4" swimbait.

Caught over 100 at Kahola Lake KS the weekend before. Fish are feeding really well on the flats. Caught some Trolling shad raps, but most came on a jig -- minnow, worm, leech, gulp, twister tail, didnt really seem to matter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	swimbait walleye.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	15407  

Last edited by tyson2925; 04-28-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:57 PM
Keeper

Thanks Tyson for the report. Kanopolis has been good for the bite, but mostly shorts on the flats, west side. I really need to try other lakes for bigger fish, but have caught keepers each day last 3 weeks(3 times). Jig/worm or rigging with spinners worked.

David
Old 05-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonz View Post
Thanks Tyson for the report. Kanopolis has been good for the bite, but mostly shorts on the flats, west side. I really need to try other lakes for bigger fish, but have caught keepers each day last 3 weeks(3 times). Jig/worm or rigging with spinners worked.

David
Thanks David, I have never fished Kanopolis. There are probably some good ones in there. Just have to go through alot of smaller ones to get that big one is what I have learned. I havent figured out how to target the big bite, just a numbers game for me and hope a big one bites on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Minnow

Default Kahola

I noticed your report about Kahola. What a great walleye lake. My brother has a house there and said the walleye bite has been great.
Hillsdale lake has been pretty good lately as well if your close it would be worth your time to spend a day there as well.
Good luck in the KWA!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Slot Fish

Take advantage of any opportunity you get to fish Kahola. Its the best lake I fish all year other than Canada. We caught 90 walleye a couple of weekends ago. They're up on the flats right now going nuts in about 6-10 FOW.

I will have to get out to Hillsdale, I have only fished the dam there in early spring. I heard that flats are pretty good, just not exactly sure where. Any direction on hillsdale would be great!

Who's cabin do you go to down there?

Tyson
Old 05-10-2012, 09:12 AM
Minnow

I fish down there with my brother Ronn Reynolds. He's down there now and they caught several fish off of what we call Doug's point. Ronn said the fish were in 8-12' just off the rocks.

I fished Hillsdale last weekend only for a few hours. Fished the flats and caught 6 fish only 3 were keepers and turned them all back for seed.

I'll send you my e-mail address and maybe we can get together sometime at Kahola or Hillsdale.

johns@mcginfo.com

John