Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Musky Boat - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 01-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Minnow

Lund Predator is as close as you can get to a musky specific boat. I have the 1810 and it's perfect. Tons of storage and a huge casting deck. Only boat I've been in that can store a folding musky net.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 11:03 PM
Slot Fish

I do a fair amount of musky fishing out of a Crestliner 1850 Fish Hawk and have been very pleased with it, large casting deck up front, lots of storage, a better than average rear casting deck for the guy in the back of the boat....just my two cents' worth....
Old 02-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Keeper

somthing to think abought i traded my old boat off and bought a glass boat Skeeter MX1825 it will store a 12 foot rod so i can have every rod put away unless im using it thats what sold me on this boat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Minnow

With the size you are talking in my opinion a tiller would be a must. I had a 16' with a single console and it was just way to small for muskie fishing. I went to a 18' lund pro-angler (pro-guide now if your going with a "new" boat) with a 90 tiller, and it fishes real well for muskies and walleyes.

If your going with the 16-17' size I would go with the tiller. To me a 620T ranger would be the ultimate musky boat. And don't for get the 36 volt 101lb. trolling motor. Good luck!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:59 AM
Wallhanger

you don't need a specific musky boat. I fish out of my Reata and it fishes pretty much the same as my old bass boat used to. My personal best 49" muskie i caught by myself, in a 14 ft jon boat with 5 hp motor.

About the closest boat for ESOX would be a tuffy. They make some great layouts for musky but again, any boat works.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Wallhanger

Default Fiberglass bass boats

I have fished for muskie out of my Ranger Reata, and out of my dads Champion 221.

That big bass boat is a dream to fish Esox out of. Those bigger bass boats have huge casting decks, and you could literally lay down in the rod locker and it easily stores 9ft rods.

The back also has a big casting deck, and there is plenty of room on the front for landing a fish when you hook into one.

The only downfall is how low to the water it is when you are out on some of those bigger bays, but it is long enough to not be too bad.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Charter Member

If you actually catch Muskies then I would think something with low sides would interest you. Leaning over and reviving / releasing the fish takes some time. The closer you are to the water the easier it becomes. I had a multi species Ranger (681vs) that was great for that. I really don't know what brand tin boat is like that, but thats what I would look for along with big decks.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenais View Post
Lund Predator is as close as you can get to a musky specific boat. I have the 1810 and it's perfect. Tons of storage and a huge casting deck. Only boat I've been in that can store a folding musky net.
+1 on the Predator. Had a Skeeter zx 190 before I got mine and and Alumacraft trophy series before that. Love my Predator. Great for any and all casting applications and the sport trak is great for trolling.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Wallhanger

Best Musky boat I ever had was a Fisher SV-3, 16 foot, single console boat with a 75HP three cylinder Evinrude and bow mount 55# Terrova.

Boat had a large live well and smaller one for bait if needed, and huge (for a 16' boat) front and back casting platforms, I do not fish with two people casting off the same platform so it was a nice feature, it was also low to the water and catching and releasing fish was easy, also small enough to get into small lakes and shallow water, this boat would run in less than a foot of water with the big motor tilted up.

I don't know what is out there that matches something like that now, let us know what you end up with.

Al
Old 04-04-2012, 02:38 AM
Minnow

hi guys! Can any of you tell m how much a musky boat can cost?
i have my father's old one, but i want to get a good new one