Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Browning Bow? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns...and whatever else you have.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:20 PM
Noah Cantell

Default Browning Bow?

I got carried away again and bid on a slightly used Browning Fusion Compound Bow + stabilizer + peep + trigger release. Got it for $75.00. Don't think I got taken? You tell me ! 60-70 pound, with 65% let off. Looking to buy a whisker biscuit arrow rest, arrows, and a bow quiver.

What else can you tell me about this unit.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Keeper

I think you got a great deal. However, I would reconsider the Whisker Biscuit. They reduce arrow speed and cause fletching wear. I would suggest a drop-away rest like the Trophy Taker.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Wallhanger

I'm on my way to camp in about 15 minutes, it's opening of bow season here. I think you got a great deal. I would also say to go to whisker bisqiut is so foolproof and dependable it's worth the slight speed drop to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Noah Cantell

Thumbs up Well - it arrived today.

Thanks guys for your replies. This is a 70 pound bow. I'm no little squirt and I'm in relatively good shape. However, After pulling the string a few times, I said to myself jokingly, "While it's a Browning bow, it's a "Bear" to pull that string until the let off."

The thing looks brand new. I think the guy auctioned it off because it's only a 65% let off. Once the break is achieved I can hold for 45 seconds or so without fatigue. I can handle it OK - just gotta do some further specific rowing exercises at the gym.

It's got a fall away arrow rest on it now. I think I'll try it for a few outings before I possibly go in another direction.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Wallhanger

Why not not adjust it down to 60 and your pull back would be much easier. How is the pull length, you may also want to drop that an inch also.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Noah Cantell

Default I took it in today

I took it in to get it adjusted. When first measured on the scale it read 85 pounds. I know the young and machismo shoot bows that heavy - but not this guy. I had it adjusted to 60 pounds and it's like old home week with what I use to pull years ago on a stick bow; only the break makes it a lot better on the hold. Had a ring put on the bow string for the trigger release and a better than average Trophuy Ridge (Bear) Wisker Biscuit (Kill Shot version). I thought to put a peep sight on but will hold off. My history is/was instinctive shooting - no sites - finger pullin and eye ballin - Kentucky windage only. I was fairly good at it out to 60 yards. We will see what this old fart can do today. Going to the range in a few days and will report back. I shoot 30 inch draw. The arrows are at 32". The man said it won't hurt to shoot the longer arrows. Might make them go faster if they were shorter. But for right now they should do OK,

I'm not going to go bonkers into this deal and freak out over every little detail. I'm only going to do things to the equipment that will improve my results. It will be fun to change it if need be just a little at a time. Besides, archery equipment/gadgets costs a lot more than it use to.

Thanks for all the help fellas.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Wallhanger

Noah-get a peep.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Naoh Cantell

Default I got the peep installed.

It's almost like cheating. If you practice at various angles up/down, there's no reason to miss.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I think you got a great deal. However, I would reconsider the Whisker Biscuit. They reduce arrow speed and cause fletching wear. I would suggest a drop-away rest like the Trophy Taker.
Popular mis-concetion about speed loss , run it thru a chrono and at most it is usually no more than 3 fps , put blazer vanes on your arrows and you will not see any wrinkling along with the blazer being arguably the best hunting vane out there right now , biscuits are bullet proof , fall aways have moving parts that can break at the most inoportune times