Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
C3 6500 or C4 6500 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 02-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Minnow

Default C3 6500 or C4 6500

I have a chance to buy two C4 6500 Garcia's from a bait store here in town. They are selling them for $35 bucks brand new. I now have all C3's Does anybody know the difference between the two besides one bearing and a higher gear ratio. Are they just as tough why does every body use c3's more than c4's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2005, 09:37 PM
jeff woodruff

Default RE: C3 6500 or C4 6500

I used the c4 and after fishing with them for a while they get real hard to crank. I could not hardly get a bucktail back to the boat after an hour use. Stick with the c3.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:26 PM
jerkin

That is the only difference I know. I would really like one of those reels if you would be willing to pick it up and ship it, I'd pay for everything of course. That's a very good price. Let me know if it's a possibility. mskymstr@zoominternet.net
Thanks, Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2005, 09:36 AM
MLK

I have and use both the Abu C3 and C4 reels. The C3 is a 5.3:1 gerar ratio and the C4 is a faster 6.3:1 ratio.

I originally bought the C4 to burn bucktails but was not happy with the results. The higher speed ratio is too hard to crank with large bladed bucktails. Then I tried it with surface and glider baits, it's awesome for this. The faster retrieve speed allows an angler to pick up the slack line much quicker and with these type baits the action of the bait is accomplished with the rod and not the reel.

$35 is an excellent price for these reels and if you use them for working surface and glide type baits you will be quite satisfied with their performance. If you try to drag large bladed bucktails or large lipped cranks you will not like them much and will eventually (won't take too long either) wear out the gearing.

Musky Mike