Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Nestor Falls - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 07-29-2002, 07:55 AM
Gordo

Default Nestor Falls

What's happening around Nestor Falls. I am thinking about heading there next Monday and was wondering if anybody has been fishing around there and what's hot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2002, 10:51 AM
Jack

Default RE: Nestor Falls

Hey Gordo,

Haven't been there yet but am going at the end of Aug. Would be interested in hearing about your trip. Where do you stay?
Old 07-29-2002, 03:29 PM
Gordo

We're staying with Alan Meline guiding service. Haven't been down that way before so really don't know what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2002, 08:12 AM
Jack

Hey Gordo,

There's certainly lots to catch in the Sabaskong Bay area (this will be my 5th trip\year). You won't catch anything too large in the Split Rock area (basically Walleye under 26 inches) but there are plenty of fish. The Split Rock area has some decent sized Musky and Pike if you're up for that. Also lots of Crappie and Small Mouth. To get larger Walleye you'll have to go beyond Split Rock into the larger bay (North of Split). However, if you're getting a guide s/he should be able to put you on the type of fish you want.

We typically troll with bottom bouncers (1/2 to 1.5 ounce depending on depth - 1/2 ounce per 8-10 feet) and drag spinners with hammered bronze, orange, or red devil blades and tipped with live minnows (hook them once up through the jaw and out the nose). I've found that the faster blades typically work a little better in this area (use Indiana or hatchet if you have them - size 3 or 4). If you can locate humps and reefs try throwing some cranks or jigs tipped with live minnows or crawlers.

Have always done very well, however, last year we had to work a little harder cause we ran into a bunch of cold fronts moving through the area.

You'll have a good time for sure.
Old 07-30-2002, 07:38 PM
Gordo

Very informative reply thank you very much. I'll make sure to pack some bottom bouncers and spinners. I'll make sure to throw in a couple big plugs for a toss or two for big jacks or muskies.
Old 08-12-2002, 06:44 AM
Jack

Hey Gordo you back from Nestor Falls yet? Just wondering how it went? How did Meline's treat you?