Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
LOTW fishing lately? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Wallhanger

Default LOTW fishing lately?

Any reports? Me and Overdalimit are headed there the 25th thru the 27th and are headed out of Arnesens resort. Any opinions and adivise are more than welcome! Thanks!
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 05:23 AM
Minnow

Default RE: LOTW fishing lately?

Jim, LOW has been very spotty I have probally fished 20 of the last 30 days. Good news for you is that you are going to one of the best areas on the lake. The rockey point area has soooo many options for fishing with all the rock reefs you should be able to find the fish on one of the hunps. I find that later in the year that this area only gets better depending on fishing pressure.

Good Luck
Old 01-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Minnow

I agree with walleyekid. You couldn't be going to a better place than Arnesen's. Lot's of good structure in that area. They run a first class operation at Arnesen's. I was out fishing with a buddy in one of their rental house's about 2 weeks ago. For about the first hour I was there, I was windmilling! To the point where I was only able to fish with one line! Used a dropper rig consisting of a small gold attractor spoon with an 8 inch leader and a #6 bronze Kahle hook tied on it. I would drop my bait down, try to fiddle with my second rod, and have to stop to land another fish. Didn't catch any hawg's but we did end up with limit's for 4 people plus half a dozen bonus sauger's. Some of the best ice fishing I've had since I moved up here 4 1/2 year's ago. We used the minnow's provided by the resort and they may have made the difference. They were fathead's(chub's)and the biggest one's I've ever seen. Would love to know where they got them. Later in the day a 1/4 oz gold Buckshot Rattle Spoon became the hot bait. I just can't say enough good thing's about my experience of fishing at Arnesen's. No, I am not related to them nor did they cross my palm with silver to post this. When you are as good as they are, you don't have to resort to such tactic's.:-) keith_forsberg;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 12:28 PM
overdalimit ul

Jimmy looks like we will need to buy some o' dem der gold buckshot rattle thingies eh? I have also been looking for some "eye dropers" in red and in gold but don't know where to find them. Sounds like LOW is a Gold lure lake? I know Kab is Silver...at least for me it is.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Wallhanger

Already on it Rick. I've been looking through my old lures and found a couple that might suffice. I'll be going to Marine General tomorrow after work and pick up some chubby darters and some gold rattlin spoons. Lemme know if ya need anything. By the sounds of it though we picked the right place to go! As long as I catch at least one- that's right one- Walleye I'll be a happy camper.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks for the replies guys- we truly appreciate the input!:cheers:
Old 01-10-2008, 03:20 PM
Wallhanger

Don't forget the #5 jigging raps.

Firetiger, black chrome, blue chrome and trout color.

------------------------------------------------------

I work hard at underachieving….. but not too hard

Koldfront Kraig
Old 01-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Charter Member

Just got back and had excllent luck/
Much to my suprise, I caught many fish on a Salmo.

I had never caught a fish on it before, but it certainly struck gold on this trip.

No bait, just a good jig, pause, a twitch and bang - another fish on.

Take care
REW
Old 01-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Charter Member

Just got back yesterday afternoon. The fishing was slow in our shack but others did better. We fished out of Ballard’s. Gold and or red (dark pink) seemed to be the best colors. I caught most of my fish on the “bobber” rod with the bait about 3 to 6 inches off the bottom. We jigged (my favorite) constantly with the Vexilar but they did not seem to want much movement – let it sit and watch for fish to show up. Ballard's run a first class operation as well.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:11 AM
jawjmw

Got back from lotw last night. Fished out of Bayview. Great catch (23in was the largest)(put it back).Lots of 12 thru 18. Largest sauger was 14. Most productive was yellow jig and minnow. Blue with pink and white or all white worked good too. Fished in 33ft of water.
The bite was very light. Slip bobber would move slightly and at times would not go under. Hook set was done by putting slight tension on line and if resistance felt set the hook. Worked. Good luck:cheers: