Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Impact 1775 cavitation and other issues - Page 9 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 05-26-2017, 08:04 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Mac View Post
Lots of variables..
Yes it is "random" The correct prop will be different on different model boats, with different engines, and different horsepower engines...even different model years... because the engines change and the boats change.

That is why all the testing is necessary.. Lund tests every new model with the popular engine sizes that will be sold on it... Or, also, when a new model engine comes out, ....or a new Mercury propeller model comes out that is supposed to "killer".. then you have aluminum prop vs stainless ....It is an ever changing situation.

Based on test results, Lund gives prop suggestions for current models w/ several engines.... the choices are listed in the dealer manual and on Lund's website (Redbook section).
Dealers can put whatever prop they want on (some dealers have lots of props on hand) But Lund also offers props with the boat package based on the testing results.

Then there is elevation... ......I used to deal with this all the time as a dealer in Montana.

But...like I said in that earlier post: (If you are not up at higher' elevation)
2017 model year, Lund 1775 hull...w/ Merc 115 Pro XS = 17pitch X-7 Stainless Spitfire prop.
1 hole from all the way down works well with the SS X7 SS... But with an aluminum ... better move the engine all the way down

I have a 2016 1775 Impact with Merc 115 Fourstroke. Same setup as above?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2017, 08:11 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikear View Post
Where does the engine need mounted? It seems it may be random across the board.

I am assuming everyone has the new 115HP Fourstroke engines.

Thanks.
I have a 2016 Merc 115 on my 1775 Impact with the x7 17 pitch prop. I have mine mounted one hole up. I only have about two hours on it but I did see 43.5 mph going with the wind. I can trim all the way up and it does not blow out. I'm at 2000 feet elevation. My cav plate is slightly below the hull. If it is convenient you may want to try the middle hole or the hole I'm in.