Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cedar Lake Report - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 09-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Slot Fish

Glad that had fun anyways. Any trip is what you make of it, we cannot control the weather. Good luck in spring, we will be back at Cedar Lake for the opener.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 AM
Keeper

I was up that same week & told the fishing was awful. I thought Walleye fishing was great same for Bass, but Pike were near impossible to catch. I caught 50 Walleye in about an hour one day then tried pike, in 4 hours I caught one pike it was 37" skinny had a couple huge hooks in it from a sucker rig it broke off of, the thick leader along with the hooks were stopping the fish from feeding I removed the hooks & leader the fish swam away with a chance to feed better. I had no trouble catching Walleye at anytime but only got 4- pike all week & spent most of my time fishing for them. The water was the dirtiest I have ever seen thick patches of green scum on the surface. Weather was nice most days.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Wallhanger

Default jiggers

Kevin, there was one group in our camp that landed on a walleye hole and were able to produce with crawler harnesses- maybe it was you. We are jiggers and while we caught enough to eat and bring a few home, we are used to much steadier action. No complaints though, as we would rather be in a boat than at work. Cathing fish is just a bonus. We caught only two pike in the two days and both (in the mid 20" range) were healthy and aggressive. Glad you had more luck, you were probably using a different method. In any case, Cedar Lake is not the type of lake we would probably return to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
Slot Fish

We have been going up for 5 years, planning to go back up in spring. We have not found a lake that produces the way that this one does. We only jig with medium fathead minnows.
The green scum (algae) was bad this fall, but did not make a difference with fishing. The first few days were work to locate the numbers of fish we like, but then we hit paydirt.