Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
HDS inside power - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 12-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Wallhanger

Default Original Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBill View Post
Did a few searches trying to find some info but a lot to sort through. I am trying to set up a power source inside that I can play with the new HDS unit this winter. With out actually setting a battery on the living room table does anyone know of a way to use it. I have tried a 12volt transformer lighting source and it worked with the 12volt Ice lights but would not power a graph correctly. The screen just flickered. Couldn't find any info on different power from Lowrance.

Thanks for the help.

Bill
Thanks for the help guys but here was my original post. Notice the bold letters. I was pretty sure I could get a battery to work. Not what I was looking for.
By the way I did find that Lowrance sells a setup for this and you can get to it on their website by searching accessories. It is a lot like what nicko described.

Thanks,

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Wallhanger

Smile

Glad I could help. I have the Radio Shack unit and it works great. I also have added a few mods to allow charging of other components at home. I added a lighter plug adapter and a USB adapter so I can now use it to charge any of those types of devices without the need for their AC adapters. Just in case I need too.

Should work great. If you have the need for more power, they have the same unit with a 15 amp output which would allow you to run several units including accessories like GPS pucks, Ethernet hubs, weather, etc etc.

All running together.

Good luck!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Keeper

I realize Bill was interested in non battery solutions, but upon realizing that I have what I always considered an under powered cordless 12V screw gun, I knew I had to try it with my HDS. PERFECT! Not only does it deliver perfect voltage, the contacts on the battery are the exact size to match with standard DC female wiring connectors. I can get a few hours of use before the voltage drops to the point where a recharge is needed. Easily as small as a unit from the electronics store, easy to connect and I now appreciate my wimpy screw gun much more.

Thanks for the inspiration,

KT