Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trying to decide which boat to purchase? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-04-2015, 09:08 AM
Wallhanger

Look at the interior layouts again. One will have some details that will be bothersome over time. It's going to be your layout preference, not anyone else's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Keeper

I looked at both brands as well as a few others. I bought a competitor 175 sport with a 115 Yammy 4S. Very happy with the boat. Just as good as my former Lund and a heck of a lot less money.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:44 PM
Minnow

Buy a Backtroller Avid and don't look back. I don't own one now but that is what I would buy.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:41 AM
Keeper

I bought a 12 competitor 175 with a 13 yami f115. I fish four and wouldnt recommend going any smaller to fish four. I have the single counsel. I love the wealth of storage. I also put the terrova ipilot with the long shaft and 80lb thrust. Not sure if your getting it put on right away but you will not want the shorter shaft to save a few bucks on a windy day. Full of gear with compartments full and four people, i get about 40 mph. On big lakes a 70hp may be alittle under powered with four people but wouldnt worry if you fish smaller lakes. The ride is very good, but havent fished from alot of boats on the market. I can only compare it to a prov lund 175 with a yami 115. Enjoy your purchase. I am only lokking at this section because in a few years i will be upgrading. =) btw i will only put yamis on my boat after owning this motor, i love it.

Last edited by micorps; 07-05-2015 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Slot Fish

I would second the advise to buy the Backtroller, best 17ft tiller on the market!
Old 07-06-2015, 05:53 PM
Wallhanger

Funny how a guy ask's about 2 competing brands and the Lund groupies always seem to show up.

Tags
alumacraft , crestliner , tiller