Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 175T Angler Debuts at Minneapolis Northwest Sportshow - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-30-2012, 06:53 AM
Wallhanger

Thanks for the video Wade!!! Nice for those of us who couldn't be there at the show!! I think there are a lot of nice features in this boat for being at the lower end of the price range!!! They did put a lot of thought into the boat! I know a lot are complaining about the depth not being great, but I think this smaller boat is intended for those who fish a lot of the smaller bodies of water, but it is a Ranger and I wouldn't be worried about being on Mille Lacs, etc... I have seen a lot of guys out on big water in little 16' tin boats, so I would feel a lot safer in this. Fit and finish looks great and I like the fact that they didn't go cheap on the paint job like the original Reatas and Anglers!! I am excited to see one of these in person!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2012, 06:58 AM
Keeper

Great video, the interior layout looks great to me. I wish they would have included in the video the freeboard, deadrise etc.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Wallhanger

It'll be interesting the hear some real world performance reports.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:06 AM
Wallhanger

http://www.rapidmarine.com/pre_owned...h=2598424&nv=y

If you click on the main picture you can see them enlarged.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:22 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiller mulisha View Post
Is there room for a third battery in the back for going 24? This should be a no brainer, if not ...epic fail!
It looks like you can stuff a 3rd battery in the center stern storage area where the charger sits.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:31 AM
Wallhanger

If you look closely at the pics, it looks like 2 batteries are stuffed in the port side together and the starting battery is on the starboard?? That is a 24V vantage, so it has to be wired with two??

No bow mount or electronics up front?? And a cheap depthfinder in back. $31,000?? They are smokin something!!! That is crazy! I would rather have Frankies deal with the F70 that is 143lbs lighter and 4 grand less thank you!!! It doesn't cost 4 grand to upgrade motors and add a vantage and an extra battery!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:38 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW View Post
If you look closely at the pics, it looks like 2 batteries are stuffed in the port side together and the starting battery is on the starboard?? That is a 24V vantage, so it has to be wired with two??
Good point. That third battery is in there on the port side. I see it now.

Last edited by Wade B AKA: Ruger2506; 03-30-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Wallhanger

So I am thinkin 75 etec, 80 vantage on the back, 80 Ipilot Terrova up front, Hbirds front and back.......man, I gotta stop daydreamin until I see one in person!!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Keeper

It seems some people had bigger expectations for this boat. I don't think Ranger was just targeting this boat for the walleye crowd. Don't let the look of this hull fool you. I have only seen pictures on the web. But it looks a lot like my 680 hull. I fish Winnebago and Lake Poygan quite a bit and am really impressed at how this boat handles and fishes. I am glad Ranger brought a boat like this back into their line up.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lake View Post
I went to the show last night and check it out in person. To be honest, I wasn't impressed. It looks like a bass boat hull, very shallow sides and there wasn't any storage upfront. You can tell that the boat was designed down south with the bass boat look, but for us walleye fishermen, it is to shallow. Just my two cents.
I dont know why people keep saying its a bass boat hull. The bow and keel area look nothing like a bass boat. It is also important to remember that the "looks" of the hull have very little to do with how it will perform in the real world in the wind and waves. I think its a great looking setup and I would bet that once a few hit the water we will get some impressive reports on how it rides/handles.

-Eli

Last edited by TJEli; 03-30-2012 at 09:15 AM.