Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Foiled again - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Big Game Hunting

Old 11-04-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Foiled again

Climbed down from my stand early last night to retrieve something I dropped before it got dark. On my way towards my truck I spotted a dandy buck along the edge of the woods moving towards a row of corn stalk stacks. After he moved behind the first stack in the row I tiptoed over and got between 2 stacks thinking he will walk down along the outside of the row. Got an arrow nocked and peeked around the corner to see if he was coming and could not see him. Right about then I heard him walk by at about 3 yds behind me.......DOH!!!

Just like the Energizer bunny....still going!

Never got a shot but then again he never knew I was there. Maybe tomorrow night...
Old 11-07-2005, 08:20 AM

Default RE: Foiled again

Yeah but I bet it was a lot of fun though.

Ivy
Old 11-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Minnow

Default RE: Foiled again

Very similar thing happened to me a few years ago. I was moving across a cornfield checking rows when I spotted a buck laying down. I moved back off the row and snuck within bow range. When I hunkered down and peeked back down the row, he was gone. I didn't realize until he did the snort-wheeze thing directly behind me that he had gotten up and moved and was walking in my direction in the row behind me. Only time I have ever been sprayed by a deer. Don't know who was more scared, me or him and I didn't see him again for quite some time after that. I probably hyperventilated a little bit. No, I think it was a quite a bit. It quite an experience to be that close and not be able to do a darn thing about it.