Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
mercury spitfire x7 prop - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 10-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Minnow

Default mercury spitfire x7 prop

Anyone have any more information on these new props? Mercury's website doesn't list any pitch or diameter information. Been waiting for them to come out. Wish mercury would also have details when they release a product.

The promo video last month said there based on the aluminum spitfires but have more rake and cup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kMxoMn5gHg

Last edited by 338winmag; 10-12-2015 at 01:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Charter Member

Buy one, put it on your boat and let us know your test results.

Mercury would not be releasing this product unless it was an excellent product.

Be safe
Old 10-14-2015, 01:09 PM
Minnow

Looks like prop I would like to try on my 1760 angler , but it dosn't look like it comes in the larger size for the 150?
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2015, 02:42 PM
Minnow

The mercury customer service finally got back to me. The x7 will come in the same pitch and diameter options as the aluminum spitfire but will have more cup. Wont we out till sometime 2016
Old 10-22-2015, 11:19 AM
Wallhanger

Wish they would make one for the 50-60 Merc. When I once had a 60 2 cycle, put a 3 blade SS Turbo Prop on it and gained 3 MPH and it ran a lot smoother over the standard 3 blade alum. I do know merc has a SS Trophy made for the 50-60 HP's
Old 10-31-2015, 11:59 AM
Minnow

The SpitFire X7 was just introduced on Thursday the 29th, and they are available right now. I listed the SpitFire X7 on the Boat Propeller Warehouse website with some additional information. From what I heard they may be adding some other variations of the SpitFire to the line-up for 2016.

Last edited by Boat Propeller Warehouse; 10-31-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:49 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boat Propeller Warehouse View Post
The SpitFire X7 was just introduced on Thursday the 29th, and they are available right now. I listed the SpitFire X7 on the Boat Propeller Warehouse website with some additional information. From what I heard they may be adding some other variations of the SpitFire to the line-up for 2016.
By other variations, do you mean some for other sized motors?. I was thinking a Trophy Sport for my 60 Merc 4 cycle and would be interested and would wait to see if they came out with a Spitfire X7 for them. I think Merc totally ignores us smaller motor owners who would like to get the most out of our motors also.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Minnow

I don't know what exactly they mean by "2 other variations", that just what I was told at the Bass Master tournament this September in Sturgeon Bay.

I would think that is the direction they are planning to go, but I don't know anything for certain.