Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
St Croix GT 70 M Planer Board Rod - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-05-2000, 07:11 AM
kaj

Default St Croix GT 70 M Planer Board Rod

Howdy: Thinking of getting two of these for planer boards. Your input would be appreciated. Also, a suggestion on where to buy below msrp would also be appreciated. Thanks, Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2000, 07:37 AM
Wallhanger

Default RE: St Croix GT 70 M Planer Board Rod

I had the GT70M rods last season and loved them. This winter I sold all my trolling rods and bought four of the new GT80M rods from St. Croix. The GT80M is a wonderful rod. The main feature that I like is that it telescopes. I like an 8' rod for trolling. Last year I had GT70M's, GT80M (2 piece) and GT100MH (2 piece). My rod locker will only accept 7' rods and I was always breaking down the 8' and 10' rods to fit. Lines would tangle - it was a mess. I've used these new GT80M telescoping rods several times now and they are a dream to stow and set up - just a suggestion. If you decide on the GT70M you will love it - great rod. As far as finding rods below MSRP it is tough with St. Croix. They have their dealers hold to the pricing pretty firmly.

Best Regards,

FJH
Old 04-05-2000, 12:33 PM
Wallhanger

What is MSRP on the 8' telescoping? Is it glass or graphite? Have you pulled dipsies with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2000, 01:54 PM
Wallhanger

Lund_Dude, check out www.stcroixrod.com. I believe MSRP is $90. This rod is in the Pro Glass section.

Best Regards,

FJH