Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Pasha Lake Cabins - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Minnow

Default Pasha Lake Cabins

I am just writing to let everyone now about my bad experience with this camp owner.

I drove 17 hours from Kansas City to Pasha Lake and had booked a guided trout trip with Chad on Nipigon six months ago.

To make a long story short - he cancelled our trip at 8pm the night before we were supposed to go out.

His excuse was that Babe Winkelman was scheduled to come in a couple of days and he just didn't have time. Funny thing is the next morning I saw him going out with another group. Its bad enough that he cancelled but it is worse that he did not have the guts to tell me the truth.

I turned to my fourteen year old daughter (her first trip to Canada with me) and asked her to never treat people the way that we had just been treated. Just beware if you have a scheduled trip with him...he is very unorganized.

The rest of the trip was great and the resort itself seemed nice.

Richard Bitterman
816-522-9876 cell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Minnow

Booked a trip there in Jan 11 to arrive in July of 11. When contacting the camp in April to confirm arrival times, we were told that he had accidently overbooked our week and there was no longer room for us. I see a pattern...
Old 06-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Keeper

We spent a few days there in March a few years ago....He did try to cancel our trip because the camp was full of miners. We were really looking forward to it and went anyway....DISASTER!!! No heat in the cabin, no water, broken windows, no amenities available to us at all as promised. It is a beautiful area and there aren't many places to stay so I am sure that's the ONLY REASON he is still in business....I tell as many people as I can what a disaster it was to try and make up for our miserable time.....Chad is quite popular on other websites where everyone makes him look like a hero.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Keeper

I don't get it when I read these posts. The guy lies to you and screws up your group/family vacation and you do nothing? No legal action? No physical action? That's a week of my life he is screwing up. I'll easily sit in a Canadian cell for a few weeks after beating his *** and if I can't cross the border again--- well I still have a great story to tell. Maybe CNN will find it interesting.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Keeper

We are a bunch of winter Lake Trout junkies and we really wanted to catch one of Nipigons giants through the ice. We weren't going to let anything stop us from getting there as we had planned it for a year or more. The ridiculous cabin situation was annoying but is was a bunch of guys who are winter junkies and we decided to tough it out. If it would have been me and my family I do believe my wife would have ruined Chads day for sure if not his weekend..When we left unfortunately we got Chads wife on the way out of camp....Felt bad telling her we weren't paying a dime over what we sent as a deposit due to the situation. It is very appparent the bread is buttered up there during the off season by the mining companies and we were a very small fish in the sea......
Old 06-02-2012, 07:12 PM
walleyrichard

I figure what comes around goes around. I could have got mad...but that wouldn't have solved a thing. I just wanted to warn people so that they don't make the same mistake I did.

The good news is that my daughter loved the trip and we are going again in the future and she outfished me.
Old 06-04-2012, 02:50 AM
Minnow

Richard –

Its fair to say that responsible posting would require you to tell more than half truths. Being a small business owner yourself, I am sure you can understand why I say that. We realize we’re not going to please everyone, but if you are going to post something, please be fair to the readers by telling the WHOLE story.

Your Nipigon trip was cancelled for one reason and one reason only… SAFETY. You may have wanted to drag your daughter out there is 6ft+ seas, driving rain, lighting and thunder, but that is not a risk I am willing to take. Also, to suggest that I lured you all the way here to make $40 from your tent camping is absolute ludicrous.

In the future, if you want to gain creditability in posting to forums like this, I recommend you tell the whole story. Doing so will let people make decisions based on facts instead of half truths.

PS - I received this email tonight from a guest that has been coming here twice a year for close to 10 years.
Chad:
Hey thanks so much for everything you do for us in Canada! We all see how hard you work and we greatly appreciate the opportunity you provide us to be in Canada. It is an experience that bonds us all yearly. You make it a perfect... affordable option! It is hard to return to normal life for all of us when we return!
An opportunity to meet Babe Winkelman is also something we will remember!
For the Spring 2013 trip....Can you book us for May 23 through June 1? If this does not work we will find out what does because each of us plan on returning!
Bud #1 and I are working to get solid dates for this Fall!
Thanks again Chad!”

Last edited by Walleye_Guru; 06-04-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:52 AM
Minnow

Chad,

I am not sure if you are delusional or if lying is a way of life for you...

#1. We had discussed different trips with you to smaller lakes the first day in camp. We just wanted to catch fish. When the trip was cancelled unexpectedly the night before (not the morning of) we could have discussed a different trip. I took my sixteen foot Crestliner out that day with out an issues.

#2. I did tent camp at your resort. If you do not want tent campers then you shouldn't offer the service. The only reason I tent camped this time is because I could only take 4 days off starting on a Friday and ending on a Tuesday. You could have earned a days guiding fee if you had not cancelled. I go to Canada twice a year and I will never go back to your resort, camping or otherwise.

#3. I am a successful business owner and I know that you or I will never make 100% of our customers happy. But I do business with integrity and honesty. I can sleep at night. Thats all my daughter and I asked. If this had been done I would never have posted a bad review on this website.

I could care less about gaining creditability with Walleyecentral visitors...but you should and I think you lost that chance with your response.
Old 06-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Charter Member

Only thing that really matters is.........did he guide another group when you should of been out there?

If he did, then it's all on him. If the weather was to bad for you and your daughter then it was to bad for anybody else.

These reports are helpfull, everybody here is smart enough to form their own opinions. There seems to be plenty of resorts looking for bookings both for the states and in Canada.

Like somebody else said, it's a KARMA thing now.

Old 06-06-2012, 05:23 AM
Minnow

Richard –
Looks like we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. The bottom line is, you’re obviously a dedicated angler and will be a good mentor for teaching your daughter all aspects of the sport. I sincerely hope you find a suitable place up here in Northwest Ontario that can meet your needs and give you the experience you’re looking for.

Chad