Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund dimensional & performance information - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

Default Lund dimensional & performance information

I didn't want to hijack a different thread, and I'm not sure this was supposed to be found online, but the back end of this document has dimensional info "on trailer" and well as performance info with various hp motors on the hulls.

http://www.lundboats.com/pdfs/Lund-Red-Book-2012.pdf

HRG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Wallhanger

Default Great Info...

....and I've looked for performance and trailering data before on line- but never found any that was this comprehensive. I wish this sort of "inside data" was available from the other boat makers.
Doug
Old 03-05-2012, 08:08 AM
Keeper

I wish they had the info for older boats like they now have the older brouchures available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Wallhanger

Default Package Boats

So what this document does is list every boat that lund makes with every engine Merc makes and sets up the prop and mounting position. So why are there so many questions on proper set up when a guy buys an new boat. Every boat has been tested by Lund or Mercury so the boat should be water ready. The only time there should be any questions is if you were to buy a Lund and hang a different motor on it.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Silverlake View Post
So what this document does is list every boat that lund makes with every engine Merc makes and sets up the prop and mounting position. So why are there so many questions on proper set up when a guy buys an new boat. Every boat has been tested by Lund or Mercury so the boat should be water ready. The only time there should be any questions is if you were to buy a Lund and hang a different motor on it.
Look a bit closer and you'll see they all have the motor mounted in the second hole and have a standard stainless prop listed, with a few listed with a Tempest Plus. The mounting and prop recommendations are for average performance, loads, water conditions... Other than cost, I don't know why Lund uses a Laser II on a walleye boat. They will work but are better on bass type boats. I wish Lund would be more open and advertise the length and height on their standard trailer instead of hiding it in this document. Almost every other manufacturer lists that info in their brochures and websites.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Wallhanger

I wish Lund would be more open and advertise the length and height on their standard trailer instead of hiding it in this document. Almost every other manufacturer lists that info in their brochures and websites.[/quote]

Since Lund packages the the boat, motor and trailer, listing the trailer info on the boat spec page along with the "Standard features" would be helpful as you say and use the "largest available motor" for the specs.

What is nice about this info is the height of motor and trailer is provided, that way you can get the garage re-sized- "Honey how come there is a construction crew working on the garage?- Oh nothing dear, they are here to help me clean out the garage - just getting it ready for the new boat!"
Old 03-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Charter Member

Default Lund Performance - Red Book

If you look closely Lund indicates some are actual performance results and others are theoretical. They do not indicate which ones are actual. I purchased a 2011 Lund Rebel XL 1725 tiller equipped with a pre-rig Mercury 75 FFI with a 19P Black Max prop. Before I put the boat in the water I asked the dealer for a 17P prop and they indicated could only do if I forked over more cash. Lund dictates setup and prop pitch. In the the end I was right. Boat ran 37 MPH GPS 5200 RPM with the 19P which is unacceptable since the recommended RPM range is 5000 - 6000. My take is Lund likes to shoot for max speed without extra trolling motors and kicker motors added to the boat. I put a Mercury Trophy Plus 17P SS that I had from another boat. The results were 5600 RPM 36 MPH. Much better hole shot and much better handling and boat control. I think the best Al prop would be a Black Max 17P and the best speed prop would be a Mercury Vengeance 17P SS. In defense of Lund the 19P may be appropriate if I didn't add 1 Group 27 battery, Terrova I-Pilot bowmount TM and a MK 24 TM and Mercury 3.5 hp 4 stroke kicker tiller on the transom. The performance numbers are generous no doubt. Let's face the fact that when a buyer compares competitive boats the buyer wants to know the performance numbers. For many buyers top speed wins. Speed is not most important for me - thats why I bought a tiller.