Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
???? lowrance - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 04-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Slot Fish

Default 111

gen 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOnt View Post
Sparty and gl

Are you guys running the Gen2?

My unit is a Gen 2 and I believe the 4.1 is for Gen 1.

Rick

Sorry Rick, update solution was for a gen 1 unit.
Old 04-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Keeper

Ok After I lowered my transducer about 1/4" all is good I get a bottom echo and depth readout.

When I get over 30mph the bottom echo is broken but the depth reading is still there, also the deeper 40-60' I go the more the bottom echo is broken but never loose the depth readout.

Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Charter Member

GLH,
For a moment forget what the instructions in the manual say.
Rather, take a straight edge and hold it tight to the bottom of the hull.

Extend the straight edge back so that it extends past the edge of the transom. Then, check the level of the bottom side of the transducer - compared to the level of the straight edge.

Just as a check, drop the transducer so that the face of the transducer is
1/2 inch lower than the top of the straight edge. Also be sure that the back edge of the transducer is at least 1/8th inch lower than the front edge of the transducer.

Also, with the boat sitting level - as measured with a level on the gunnel or straight part of the top of the transom - check the side to side level of the transducer and be sure that the transducer is level - not in line with the hull.

On a deep -v hull there will be a big difference in how the transducer sits with respect to the v shaped transom. Keep the transducer level.

Take the boat for a test drive. If you still have issues, then drop the transducer further so that it is 3/4 inch below the back edge of the transom.

There is no reason that your transducer will not read cleanly up to any speed that you want to run your boat, if your transducer can be placed in "clean", non - turbulent water.

Good luck
REW

Also, be sure that the transducer is located at least 15 inches and preferably 24 inches away from the motor on either the starboard or port side of the transom.

Also, be sure that the transducer is NOT behind a row of rivets running the length of the boat, nor it is NOT behind any type chine or strake that might be in the bottom of the hull.

http://www.v-driveboat.com/showthrea...at-is-a-Strake

Last edited by REW; 04-28-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:50 PM
Slot Fish

Default thanks

went back too basics read book and was 5/8 inch below bottom was perfectly level 17 inchs out no rivits was a strake at the bow about 3/4 innch from centerline of trans so took apart and am moving a little when rain quits will try thanks for all the help
Old 04-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Keeper

gl

As REW has said get a straight edge and get the centre line of the transducer about 1/2" lower than the hull bottom.

If you have a 'V' shaped Hull as I do it is a bit more of a challege but doable for sure!!

Rick
Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Slot Fish

Default great

made a ton of changes took out tonight and it worked flawlessly at ravine only 10 ft deep so hope that cures it at all depths set 3/4 below bottom 18 inches off center turned ping too 9 color to 65% sensitivity too-3% and more looks like all the pics show in the books am dying too try on the big water THANKS TOO ALL FOR YOUR HELP !!!!!!!!