Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Refrigerators - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2012, 07:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave G View Post
Last year our 2 year old Whirlpool's side by side compressor died. We then found out almost all (not LG) manufactures only guarantee their compressors for 1 year. LG guarantees theirs for 10 years so we bought one from Home Depot.
How do you like your LG?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 08:06 AM
Wallhanger

We had a GE that failed after about 8 years and replaced it with a Samsung. So far, so good but its only been about a year. I have been unhappy with GE appliances and don't think that I will buy another.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Wallhanger

Smile Craigm

We also have had no problems with our Kenmore side by side ice maker etc (6 years) but keep in mind that may not be the same made by whirlpool they sell today.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:30 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerBacker View Post
How do you like your LG?
We got a LG French Door this time and it's usable space is very impressive. It also has an indoor ice maker which works great for just the two of us. It does not hold a lot of cubes but does free up much freezer space. So far nothing has busted on it. Very quiet running.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

Had a Maytag new in 2004, and the main computer board fried in 18 months. That was the only time I ever bought an extended warranty and used it! Other than that, good fridge. Sold house with it.

New house has a big LG fridge side by side. It arrived with a poorly insulated ice/water dispenser door that froze the line in the 1st night. Had to wait a couple weeks to get a new door and have it repaired, but LG took care of it.

The spring loaded door seal on the one door sucks! It sticks and creates issues for people unfamiliar to the fridge.

Other than that, I am pleased with it.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Wer,
With respect to the amount of electricity that my 30 year old refrigerator uses is that the amount is reasonable.

To be honest, my electric bill is so low when not using air conditioning, that I never worry about it.

We also have an upright freezer that is older than that and has also had 0 issues with it.

Again, we really don't notice the amount of electricity being used by the freezer as being excessive.

Bottom line - both units still look like new, 0 issues, reasonable electrical use and plenty of space in both for all of our needs as well as the needs of our children that we have raised over the years.

Take care
REW
Old 09-17-2012, 02:44 PM
WER

I think since he is looking for a new refrigerator, it might be even more helpful if you could tell him where to find a Gibson.

I like my Ithaca shotgun, but I wouldn't suggest that somebody looking for a "new" one go out and buy one. They are hard to find these days.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Slot Fish

Buy "Made in the USA". Kitchen Aid are made in the USA or at least assembled in the USA.

Dave Kraft
Old 09-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Wallhanger

Wer - I am happy to inform you that Ithaca firearms are currently being manufactured in Sandusky, OH. http://ithacagun.com/firearms.html
Old 09-18-2012, 09:19 AM
WER

Well I'll be darned. I didn't know that they were back in business.

If Gibson comes back, all will be right with the world.