Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye Professional - Page 6 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 02-09-2013, 08:09 PM
Charter Member

" To have a viable solution everyone needs to put on a pair of big boy pants and discuss the good, the bad, and the very ugly. The willingness to only view the good and mediocre is not going to cut it, there is a huge disparity between how the inside-the-industry sees tournaments and how the general public perceives them...and quite frankly the public immensely outnumbers the inside-the-industry folks. Where you and everyone else keeps going wrong is expecting the public to acclimate to the industry (as a sport) instead of the other way around. '

The words above are right on!
Steve Fellegy #49
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter. MLK
sf1954@embarqmail.com or 651-270-3383 cell#
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Keeper

[QUOTE=Rich S;1535541]You assume too much Steve. The pioneers made a mountain out of a mole hill and I have always given kudo's to those that actually stuck their neck out. They took a very uninteresting (from the public standpoint) "sport" and made it hugely successful for a fairly long period of time. You seem to think that because it is fading that there is something wrong and you also seem to think once again you have all the answers and that includes pointing out everyones so called flaws. The downfall of the national level tournament industry is out of our hands. Did the circuits do everythign perfect?? Absolutely not but they did the best they could and gave us a chance to compete and I for one appreciate that.

My advice to you (and I already know your reply) is that if you know it all and have all the answers, START YOUR OWN CIRCUIT! Be the guy the future generations write songs about and sing around the campfire. There could be statues of you at every boat launch and you will be imortalized forever.[/QUOTE]

The national level tournament industry is not out of people's hands and they did not do the best they could have. It was geared towards one primary goal which did not revolve around the public...the biggest mistake that was made. The so called flaws are the reality and it may be painful to look at, and examine the blights but it is a necessary procedure. The question is do you want it fixed...or do you want it fixed without hurting people’s feelings. If you want it fixed without bruising egos then you have nothing more than a good ‘old boy’s club...a business makes the necessary moves to keep the entity growing and moving forward.

I personally would not start a circuit, there is no value or profitability in it...creating a sport, on the other hand, would supply both and the structure would not look as it is today. The national tournaments could be advanced if the introvert personality of the venture would be placed on a shelf to collect dust, but it has been apparent the collectors of the antiquity hold it dear.

Now Rich, as I stated before...are you willing to have a very serious discussion on the subject or are you just meandering around to toss idle insults? The invitation remains open for a real world adult conversation.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=GiddyGills;1535603]The national level tournament industry is not out of people's hands and they did not do the best they could have. It was geared towards one primary goal which did not revolve around the public...the biggest mistake that was made. The so called flaws are the reality and it may be painful to look at, and examine the blights but it is a necessary procedure. The question is do you want it fixed...or do you want it fixed without hurting people’s feelings. If you want it fixed without bruising egos then you have nothing more than a good ‘old boy’s club...a business makes the necessary moves to keep the entity growing and moving forward.

I personally would not start a circuit, there is no value or profitability in it...creating a sport, on the other hand, would supply both and the structure would not look as it is today. The national tournaments could be advanced if the introvert personality of the venture would be placed on a shelf to collect dust, but it has been apparent the collectors of the antiquity hold it dear.

Now Rich, as I stated before...are you willing to have a very serious discussion on the subject or are you just meandering around to toss idle insults? The invitation remains open for a real world adult conversation.[/QUOTE]

Do you even read my posts...What else would you like me to say? I accomplished exactly what I wanted to with my very first post on this. My PM box and email confirms it. Have a great day!
Old 02-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Keeper

I am glad to hear you have people who get behind your convictions to avoid unscrambling an obstacle. All you have done is show the lack of knowledge and willingness to step in the right direction in order to correct a problem everyone keeps complaining about.