Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Top rated walleye lakes-Ontario ??? - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-26-2003, 10:39 PM
Gerry

Default RE: Top rated walleye lakes-Ontario ???

We also have a Free Fishing Map and Guide. Email: info@sunsetcountry.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2003, 10:37 AM
Wallhanger

Default RE: Top rated walleye lakes-Ontario ???

Does Cygnet Lake have public access or no?
Old 11-13-2013, 10:24 AM
Minnow

Default Walleye Lakes

I manage the websites for 200 lodges in Ontario and also spent 20 years as a fishing guide so maybe I can help.

Lakes with massive trophy walleyes usually have a much lower population of Walleyes. So quality of Walleye fishing needs to be split into size vs. numbers.

Best Lakes for Big Trophy Walleye (not in any order):

- Lady Evelyn Lake
- Gowganda Lake
- Ceder Lake into the Petawawa River (Algonquin Park)
- Lac Seul
- Eagle Lake
- Wabigoon / Dinorwick Chain
- Jackfish River into Lake Nipigon
- Attawapiskat River
- Bay of Quinte
- Lake Erie off of Wheatley Harbour

If you live in the mid-west or on the west coast then you should consider fishing the Churchill River in Northern Saskatchewan.

There are hundreds of lakes where you can catch 80 to 100 Walleyes per day. It's more practical to list them by region. The fly-in lakes north of Vermilion Bay, Red Lake, Nakina, Jellicoe, Armstrong & Cochrane are a good place to start.

Finding drive-to lakes with 80 to 100 walleyes is much harder. You will never find this kind of fishing on a lake with public access. Some lodges are licensed to have boat caches on backcountry portage lakes and only their guests are allowed to fish them. Here are lodges that I know of that have really good portage lakes.

Auld Reekie Lodge
Anishinabi Lodge
Sandy Point Camp
Pasha Lake Cabins
Five Mile Lake Lodge

I hope this helps.

Gary
WalleyeHeaven.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2013, 07:11 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman View Post
Thanks for the info Mike. Lac Seul sounds great. I would like to try the outpost but I would have to talk my wife into that. I promised her american plan or at least evening meals out. I've located a resort close to the one you stayed at. They have meals and really nice boats with padded swivel seats. When you've had a lot of birthdays you need more comfort. Now I'll have to make a decision on where to go. Maybe I'll try another lake also. I should have stated in my post that I was wanting northwest ontario. By the way I live in Des Moines. It must be illegal to have double beds in canada, because all most all resorts only have single beds. I'll bet the resort owners don't sleep on single beds.

Anderson's is also another nice outfitter on Lac Seul out of Sioux Lookout. They have American plans cabins, new equipment, guides and outposts cabins with all the amenities a lady might require. They have a website with all the details. Another suggestion would be Lost Island Lodge. More of an outpost lodge ( on an island) ,but they do have an American plan with cabins that are fully appointed. The lodge is a short 5 minute ride by boat to the boat landing where folks park. I'm sure they would run you over so a dinner trip into Sioux Lookout could happen if you had the desire to dine out.

Have fun and Tight Lines,

PjShorthorn