Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
'09 Lowrance's - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 08-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

Default '09 Lowrance's

So I heard that Lowrance is changing the "big screens" and is coming out with something entirely new and innovative. Any truth to this and if so will they be "dumping" the rest of their 112 and 113 inventories?
Last time they did something like this, as I recall, they sold all of the inventory to Boater's World or some similar retailer for bargain prices! Hope they do it again and if anyone hears of such a move would appreciate a "head's up" on WC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2008, 11:04 AM
Little Green Box

Thumbs up

Here is your heads up then. All new units, all new look, up and down the line. Good news, still using red plugs for connectivity with some very cool new features. Get ready for Broadband. The best sonar in the business is about to get better. You can bank on a sell off of the old product lines at the end of the year.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Charter Member

Smile

Great news! On both fronts--the new and good buys on the old! Love my 112 and 113!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Wallhanger

Default Just be aware

Lowrance has a great reputation for totally obsoleting their line, coming out with cool stuff and leaving the 1-2 year old units completely locked out of all the new features. Take it from someone who has a 110 c and a 111c HD who can't use anything new.

Trust me...they aren't that sharp.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ducks View Post
So I heard that Lowrance is changing the "big screens" and is coming out with something entirely new and innovative. Any truth to this and if so will they be "dumping" the rest of their 112 and 113 inventories?
Last time they did something like this, as I recall, they sold all of the inventory to Boater's World or some similar retailer for bargain prices! Hope they do it again and if anyone hears of such a move would appreciate a "head's up" on WC!
I wish they would hurry up and make the move to the modular units. Ya know it's going to happen, makes it hard to buy today's stuff when they have not yet made the obvious change.
Old 08-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burr View Post
I wish they would hurry up and make the move to the modular units. Ya know it's going to happen, makes it hard to buy today's stuff when they have not yet made the obvious change.
what do you mean by modular units?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

Where you buy the individual components you want. Like Raymarine and Garmin, and others are doing.

A display screen of your liking is just part of the whole, not the whole product. Buy whichever display unit you would like to have. Then:

Buy a sonar unit that plugs into the display.
Buy a Satellite unit that plugs into the display
Buy a HD unit if you'd like, and plug it in.
Buy Radar if you'd like, it plugs into the display.
Buy Sat Radio if you'd like....

Myself, I'd get touch screen, and the precision trolling bible plug in feature so I can program which crank baits I'm pulling and the unit can show me where they are running!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Charter Member

Default just fshing

doesn't anyone just go fishing any more ? with all the newest latest and greatest equipment fishing is becoming very expensive and complicated. I realize everything moves forward and new stuff comes along all the time, but so does the prices. It just seems to me that with all the new electronics etc. that fishing is losing some of its appeal to the regular guys with average incomes. Maybe I am all wrongt but I like to just go fishing and not have all the hassel of hooking up all this extra stuff, watching the screen constantly and watching gauges etc. At the recent bassmaster elite series tournament the boats are lined up at the support trailers to have everything from bow mount motors to electronics to main motors repaired because of failures. Just my 2 cents

Rebs
Old 08-04-2008, 08:44 PM
MarkG

I just wish those brainiacs would come out with a portable GPS with the features
of the H2O but with a BIG screen that an old guy can see ! (...well,GETTING old by the minute. )
Old 08-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Wallhanger

I wish those brainiacs would just figure out how to get their current units working. I'm sick of my flashing 113HD...

Waxy