Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Question on Cabelas Depthmaster Gold linecounter reels - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 09-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Keeper

Default Question on Cabelas Depthmaster Gold linecounter reels

I want a left handed linecounter for leadcore and am wondering how these reels are holding up. Also, is it a reel that can be serviced somewhere when needed? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2010, 04:26 AM
Charter Member

I use these. Have seven of them, as a matter of fact. They've been working well enough. There have been two versions. The later version is better than the earlier one. I bought two Okuma Convector 20 DLX since, pretty much the same thing, since Okuma makes the Depthmaster gold line counter reels for Cabela's, however the Convector has a superior clicker. Even my 7 year old grandson has gotten used to these. He's right handed, just like me, but I showed him how to hold tension against a fish (20" walleye largest for him so far) with his right arm and crank left handed. I don't want any Magdas. The Convector is great. The Depthmaster Gold could be improved if it had the same clicker as the Convector.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...gInWalleye.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...nchwalleye.jpg

The largest lefty available is the 30 DLX. You could get some segmented lead core on it. But, for a full ten colors, you have to accept a right handed size 55. Bummer!

Last edited by Rod Holder; 09-03-2010 at 04:33 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Charter Member

I have two of the 20Ls. All my baitcasters are lefties. i bought both in the Bargain Cave. Had to replace the worm gear and pal on one, but both work well. Clicker is a little rough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Wallhanger

I have a couple of these reels and really like them.

I have a DM30 and i'm able to get 10 colors of lead (18lb), with some mono backing and a 50ft leader of fireline.