Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lac Charlotte cabin info - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 10-11-2014, 07:08 AM
Keeper

Default Lac Charlotte cabin info

Hey there
Our group is interested in air tamarac lac charlotte outposts
Have read many great reviews about air tam, Hebert and the fishing on lac Charlotte but have seen limited info on the cabin.
Does it have running water? Showers? Outhouse or indoor toilet? Electricity (generator) or solar lighting?
Re fishing in Charlotte. Shot at a 40 inch plus pike?
From where we are in Mississauga it's a 12 hour drive to the air base which is attractive
Cheers
Gordy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Wallhanger

My guess is Hebert itself might suit your needs better Gordy.
If you could just get past the need for an indoor toilet I could give you plenty of other fantastic outpost options within a 12 hour drive.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:31 PM
Keeper

I hear ya Mike
Meeting in 2 weeks for a post trip debrief and start chatting about the next trip
My searches lead me to believe the need for an indoor toilet will take us to either White River again or we need to look at Armstrong or Sioux Lookout etc - flying through Thunder Bay
My reco to the group will be - if we have a generator, running water and an indoor shower - and ditch the toilet - Nakina becomes an option as does wawa and chapleau
Don't worry - as soon as I know you'd be my first pm lol
Gordy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Keeper

Default cabin info

Gordy, this past late June was my groups first trip to Hebert. We did great on walleye for size and numbers but only caught a few pike topping at 36 in. There are pike in Hebert well in excess of forty but we did not target them. Next year....yes.
The outhouse situation did bother some of my guys and cut our numbers a bit. I spent many years in scouting and it isn't an issue for me but I must admit that I prefer an early trip when the distance of the seat to the drop zone is greatest.
Hebert's cabins are clean, hot showers, good propane fridges, solar lights for the fish cleaning stations, propane lights in the cabins (great ambience), running water and on the Island few bugs and two caretakers that clean the outhouses daily. Air Tam is first class.
In my opinion, Hebert offers more but Charlotte gives you a smaller lake to yourself.......Good luck on wherever you end up.....Ron
Old 10-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up good choice

Gordy you will do well with air Tam no matter which lake you chose. Cabin on Charolet is only two yrs old,with all the latest tech for outpost camps,It good for 4 guys,Lots of walleye and big pike,This coming yr will be my groups 12th yr on Hebert, Better fishing and accommodations,for the $ can not be beat in Quebec.If you need more info you can e-mail me at octanehi5@aol.com
Old 10-14-2014, 11:18 AM
Keeper

Thanks for the responses - will reach out to Air Tam about Lac CHarlotte as well
Everything I have read about Hebert sounds awesome - but I think we want to continue down the only cabin on the lake path after experiencing it for the first time this past August
Cheers
Gordy
Old 10-15-2014, 12:49 PM
Minnow

The Lac Charlotte cabin (like those at the neighboring Lac Hebert) has running water (pumped from lake), an outhouse I believe, showers, fish cleaning hut. No electricity but has propane lights, fridge and most likely a wood stove. This past summer we went to Hebert and loved it. Some day will try Charlotte (much smaller lake, but as said, you would be only ones on lake versus 7 cabins on Hebert, didn't feel too crowded though). Can't go wrong either way. Definitely shot at 40+ inch pike.
Here is a link to a youtube clip from some guys that fished lac charlotte in 2013. I know it says Lac hebert but on the Air Tamarac site they have it listed as Lac Charlotte plus the owners told me that it was Charlotte. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIPsnC6u29k

Good operation with Tamarac for sure. Good people.
Jerry
Old 10-17-2014, 06:37 AM
Keeper

Thanks Jerry
Great info and loved the video
Have connected w air tam and charlotte has running water, shower, propane lights
They will put a generator on site for Cpap machine
Cheers
Gordy
Old 10-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Minnow

Glad to be of help. Good to know they can supply a generator for a cpap. One of my crew uses one but he managed without for our trip. We never asked.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up Air Tamarac

You will find Eliane and John to be very accommadating. Good Luck on your Trip