Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
NW Angle VS Sabaksong Bay Update - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 10-29-2004, 06:33 PM
Minnow

Default NW Angle VS Sabaksong Bay Update

Hi. I know this same question has been asked before but this is based on this summers results and into next summer. Which is better in late july NW Angle or Sabaksong Bay? looking for lots of follows and numbers+ big fish. Also if i go to sabaksong bay i am thinking about red wing lodge. Is this lodge around good water? Any other comments about this lodge? As you can see i need to gather all the info that i can. thanks for all the information!!! :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2004, 11:55 AM
rockpt

Default RE: NW Angle VS Sabaksong Bay Update

The NW Angle guys will say the Angle is best and the guys who fish Sabaskong will tell you that's where the big fish are. Mylie's Place in Morson got 8 over 50" in one week this summer and I know Frank Walsh's Bay Store Camp in the Angle consistently has reports of big fish. So, take your pick. I don't think you'd go wrong either place. Or, split your trip between the two. As for Red Wing I don't know much about it but Mylie's and BV in Morson always get good marks from their guests and Grassy Narrows is a good boat-in camp . Good luck.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:37 AM
Fishin Nutz

Hey rockpt,

Was just on the Mylie's site a couple days ago and saw they had 16 fish over 50 inches this summer. I guess there was 4 over 5 the last week of October as well to go with that week you mentioned in the summer with 8.

Must be something about the gas they pump! HAHAHA

Compare prices. You might pay more more to stay at Red Wing and it's only a mile or two by water from Mylie's and BVR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2004, 06:04 PM
workin

if you have lots of money you can stay at Red Wing. Nobody I fish with will ever go back! We all got tired of Mike's wild charges. All of Red Wings charges are in american, while most other places are canadaian.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Wallhanger

You want a good boat in Lodge? Sabaskong bay lodge on Cedar Island in Sabaskong!! My wife and I were there last year and were treated really well. They were honest and up front with everything...in fact, I knew what my total amount of money I would be spending well in advance of ever arriving. They met us at the dock, talked with us every day, and were wonderful!! Planning on going back again this July and possibly a second trip in mid June for the opener.

As for fishing...you will definitely see fish in sabaskong, and there will be big fish here and there as well. We did not boat any brutes, but saw a couple tease us each day.

Had a friend go to NW Angle 3 times last year. The area they fished was (in his words) extremely weedy. They did not do very well. The last trip they managed one fish in the 5 day trip. I have not personally been there, so I am just relaying their experiences.

Good luck on your decision and hopefully everything will go well and you catch Bertha while your there...

Steve
Old 12-03-2004, 09:37 PM
Steve Jonesi

It's all incredible water.Even some of the "populated" areas like Kenora and Nestor Falls produce all of the above.Have fun! Steve
Old 12-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Jon T

With over 30 years experience on LOTW you can't go wrong with either area. You might want to look into Buena Vista Resort in morson (good people,accomadations and restraunt). personally I tend to head west for most days Due to the lack of competition. ie. between splitrock and sabaskoshing bay great water!!! If you have good size boat easy run from morson. good luck!