Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Yamaha Outboard Paint - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 02-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Keeper

Default Yamaha Outboard Paint

I have a 2004 Yamaha F225 and am looking for an off the shelf spray paint to touch up the lower unit. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Blair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Keeper

Any Yamaha dealer can get you a color matched can of spray paint for your exact year and color of motor.
Not all Yamaha's are the same color of gray.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Wallhanger

I bought a can of paint for my lower unit last fall.

I bought a can from colorrite, you find the part# to confirm the right color, and order it. here is what yamaha has on their site.

"Touching up any scratched or nicked paint is a good way to help keep your Yamaha looking newer longer while also helping to protect against corrosion. There are independent color matching companies, including but not limited to, the ColorRite™ Company for color-matched paint for products, including Yamaha products. While we do not endorse or have a relationship with ColorRite, you may consult their website at www.color-rite.com. If you are not sure what color you need, go to our Parts Catalog. Look up your model, and then find the part you want to touch up. The last two characters of the part’s 12-digit part number are a color code. For example, the part number for the top cowling on an F90 might be 6D8-42610-00-4D. The last two characters are the paint color code: 4D. Now look up Yamaha outboard motor paint colors on the ColorRite website. You’ll find 004D. That’s the color needed for the F90 outboard’s cowling. If you have any questions, call ColorRite at 1-800-736-7980 or Yamaha Customer Relations at 1-866-894-1626. "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Keeper

Do you recommend the aerosol or the non-aerosol paint? Any thoughts on which is easier to apply?

Thanks