Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Impact owners - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 08-09-2011, 07:34 AM
Minnow

Default Lund Impact owners

Ok guys.......... asked a question to the local dealer and got an answer I'm not too satisfied with. I want to know why some of the Impacts that have the rear fold down seats are level with the side compartments when in the down position and some of the platforms are 2 or 3 inches lower than the sides when down. Does theis have anything to do with the height of the transom? I showed the dealer the photo in the brochure and then we looked at a boat on the lot and he said the photo must be of and earlier version cause every boat he's seen the platform is level. Does this make any sense? Any info would be great. Thanx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Minnow

I know mine is level....theres not a lot to those seats and I can't see where it would be a deal breaker if the salesman cant answer that one. I am guessing the boats in the sales catolog are prototypes because this boat is a new model and maybe they redesigned it as I am guessing that if the casting deck was uneven you would have a tripping hazard. I love my boat and the jump seats are a nice addition to the boat especially when the kids are with. Purely speculation on my part.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:50 AM
Minnow

Do you have a 20 or 25 inch transom?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Minnow

Make sure your not getting confused with the backs to the seats.... as in if they are not folded down then it won't lay down all the way.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:10 AM
Minnow

I'm talking about the entire casting deck when the seats are in the down position.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:10 AM
ddd111

The 20" transom, when the seats are folded down, the two platforms aren't level. The 25" transom is the same height
Old 08-09-2011, 08:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd111 View Post
The 20" transom, when the seats are folded down, the two platforms aren't level. The 25" transom is the same height
Bingo! If you look at the pics below, the one on the left has the 25" transom, and the casting deck is level. The one on the right has a 20" transom (note the motor cut-out, circled) and the casting deck is lower than the sides. I'd imagine this has to do with the motor tilt range, when the casting deck is flipped up, for seating.
HRG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	l_dsc05587.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	11210   Click image for larger version

Name:	callout.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	11211  
Old 08-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Bingo! If you look at the pics below, the one on the left has the 25" transom, and the casting deck is level. The one on the right has a 20" transom (note the motor cut-out, circled) and the casting deck is lower than the sides. I'd imagine this has to do with the motor tilt range, when the casting deck is flipped up, for seating.
HRG
Thank you!!!! Makes sense.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Slot Fish

I ordered the impact, didn't realize it came in two sizes, dealer didn't tell me. Called, had it switched. Put a month of wait time. Its a 120 dollar add on. as I said earlier (ddd111) both sizes have different heights and it does have to do with clearence.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:09 AM
Minnow

Wow,mine sits lower... never have noticed it before.