Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ear Falls area food? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Charter Member

Default Ear Falls area food?

We are going to be just south of the Ear Falls area next month and even though we've been through that area many times on our way to Red Lake, we have never stopped for a meal or groceries.

Suggestions on places to eat and get a beer with wife while we are there?

Bait shops besides Four Seasons?

Grocery store?

Bank?

Thanks,
Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."

Last edited by Pooch; 05-22-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2014, 07:40 AM
Keeper

Both the motels along the highway have restaurants. The Trillium also has a bar, never stayed at the 105 but I'm sure it does too. There's a small mall behind the Trillium with a grocery store, there's also a pizza/Italian place in the mall. I can't think of the name, but we've gotten pizza there several times, and it's pretty good. Smitty's convenience store on the north end of town has bait and tackle.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:03 AM
Minnow

Smitty's in the summer used to sell chicken as well, not sure how that all works these days though. Otherwise Mohleye has Ear Falls covered for you as best possible.

If your looking for something on the way up, check out Busters BBQ Restaurant in Vermillion Bay, it does not disappoint. And if you go up to Red Lake and want the best food stop in at Antonios.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohleye View Post
Both the motels along the highway have restaurants. The Trillium also has a bar, never stayed at the 105 but I'm sure it does too. There's a small mall behind the Trillium with a grocery store, there's also a pizza/Italian place in the mall. I can't think of the name, but we've gotten pizza there several times, and it's pretty good. Smitty's convenience store on the north end of town has bait and tackle.
Yes, the 105 does have a bar. The name of the Pizza place is Pape's (or something like that) and they serve beer.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:45 AM
Slot Fish

Default Ear Falls Food

It's hard to beat the meals at the 105. Good food and plenty of it.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:49 AM
Slot Fish

Default Ear Falls Food

Oh, I forgot to mention Mr. Wilsons grocery store in the strip mall in Ear Falls is a great place to stock up. Mrs Wilson makes really good banana bread and pies and sells them in the store. Very nice people. Ask Mr. Wilson if he has any Canadian bacon.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:05 AM
Keeper

Also a new grocery store on highway 657 just past 4 seasons
Old 05-23-2014, 07:00 AM
Wallhanger

Default Pape's

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalleyeWally28 View Post
Yes, the 105 does have a bar. The name of the Pizza place is Pape's (or something like that) and they serve beer.
Last year my wife and I dodged a storm while having lunch at Pape's, (Pappy's in the States)
The food was pretty good, everything was pretty clean, a must when my wife is with me.
You can't go wrong with the pies from Wilsons!
Busters has great food too, worth the stop at V Bay!
Pooch where you fishing out of?