Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Trolling ? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Minnow

Default Trolling ?

Fish Erie Pa troll with mono weight reef runners. Was thinking of running four leadcore set ups on oneside this season instead of all weighted runners. Does any of u guys run this kind of set up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 PM
Keeper

I run some leadcore as part of my spread, out of Conneaut & Ashtabula. I only run 1/2 cores (50yds) because I don't want 300 ft of line out behind the boat. A 1/2 core with 100yds of 20lb mono backing nicely fills a reel the size of a Tekota 600 or an Okuma 30 size. I lalso segment in a length of mono between the second and third color to attach snap weights for when I want it down further.
This last year even when we were marking the fish down 60-65 ft I would pick up 'eyes on the 1/2 core which was running ~25 ft down. Figure it was the aggressive fish.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:38 PM
Minnow

Default Trolling

Thanks steelers for the reply. Was wondering if any one is using fire line instead of mono with reef runners weight on the boards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM
Minnow

Default Trolling

Steeleyes sorry my smart phone thinks it is smarter than me and changes words