Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
has anyone else seen this - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns...and whatever else you have.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:36 AM
Charter Member

Default has anyone else seen this

(http://www.geocities.com/bob_c14067/obamaguns.html)

Rebs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 01:04 PM
VMS unloggeed

Default Scare Tactic.....

Hmm...

Not trying to sound harsh here, but it takes more than a president to get things signed into law. I'm not sure any bill of that effect would even make it to his desk to be signed... It'd be tied up in both the house and senate.

I am in agreement with the fact that legislation against owning a firearm primarily affects those who abide by the law.

Not sure if it would be any different as it compares to purchasing and driving a motor vehicle...and that argument has been used as well for a reason to register a weapon. BUT...my fear is that if the weapon is stolen and used in a crime, I potentially could be held liable if someone is hurt/killed.

Either way, I don't feel any major changes are going to take place because there is too much redundancy in our political system to get something this big through congress... They have better things to try and figure out...like how to get this economy back up and running again....

Steve
Old 01-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Wallhanger

Default This is only one of a few of pending anti-gun legislation

I think that you are going to see the same restrictions on firearms that Clinton introduced plus some more. All you have to do is go to Obamas campaign page. It is not clear at this time what the additional restrictions (restrictions beyond Clinton) are going to be. However Obama has failed to weigh in on the ammunition tax issue as well as a bunch of others. The ball is in Obama's court. He could come out and say that he is against ammunition taxes and the Ammunition Accountability Act, but he won't... You have one party control of the House, Senate, and President.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Last edited by PackerSmacker; 01-04-2009 at 11:25 AM.