Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Separation Lake, Northern Ontario - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Minnow

Default Separation Lake, Northern Ontario

Hi all ... newbie here on the board ...

just wondering if anyone has been up to Separation Lake Lodge in Northern Ontario fishing in the past couple years. Might plan a trip up there with the guys, and I wanted to get some opinions on the fishing. Suppose to be great walleye and smallie fishing. Also would like to know the details of the lodge and the staff, owners ... pretty good ?
Their website is not informative but I heard it was a great spot.
thanks in advance ya'll
Shooter
Old 01-08-2011, 08:06 AM
Wallhanger

Default a fishing buddy told me...

A guy a used to work with would fisf Separation lake system sometimes for two trips a year. His group would tent camp, take thier own boats, so I can't offer any info on those points. They would use alot of wally divers very little verticle jigging, the section they fished was part of a river system, lots of moving water where they fished. But they seemed to catch enough fish to make twice a year trips worth while. Good luck on your trip! Check with the lodge owner, they will help you have a good trip!

Last edited by wallydave; 01-08-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:39 PM
KROK

Was at the lodge a few years ago. Very remote lodge that is fairly old, but in decent repair. The lodge owners were great and the boats were in good shape. It was a really cool lake to fish. I learned that all the fish were shallow, dispite the 90 weather. I guess that is the case all year in this lake. We had very hot weather with no wind, but we were still able to find them. Caught pike, smally, and Walleye. Overall we were satified, and would like to try it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Minnow

Default English River

The English River has awesome fishing. Seperation Lake Lodge is a nice camp but has a terrible web site so you can't see what the fishing is like but if you go to www.cozycamp.com they have tons of fishing pictures as well as detailed descriptions of the fishing on the English River.

Millions of Walleyes with monster pike and smallmouth. There are tons of little spring-fed lakes just off the river that have Lake Trout, Speckled Trout and Splake. The trout lakes are more common when you head east towards Ignace. I am not sure about the Separation Lake area. I have heard reports from people that Muskie are making their way up and down river from Lac Seul. Last time I talked to Dan & Anne at Cozy Camp they said they have not seen any Muskie in their part of the river.

Gary
Old 01-31-2011, 11:05 AM
Minnow

I recently heard the owners of Separation Lake Lodge just hired a new manager that's revamping everything - new website, prices and packages I guess. Might prove to be a good choice.
Shooter
Old 02-10-2011, 12:49 PM
Minnow

Default Oops !

... must take back the info from that last post ... I now heard the new manager got jerked around by the owner - so he quit before he started ! LOL ... guess I won't take a chance on booking my fishing trip at this place.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Keeper

sent you a pm
Old 06-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Minnow

I recommend that you call Separation Camp Lodge. You do not have correct information. There are some things going on there that might make you reconsider. I will post pictures after we visit the site within the next two weeks.

Last edited by Big Wally; 06-27-2011 at 01:44 PM.