Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Insight Genesis Question, Partially sharing sonar logs - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 03-20-2017, 09:32 PM
Slot Fish

Default Insight Genesis Question, Partially sharing sonar logs

Is there a way for 2 boats to work together to map an area and then combine their sonar logs to one map and keep them private? I was told that I could upload my buddy's card and he could upload mine but I thought the cards were specific to that unit. The area I fish is vast and unmapped. 2 boats would get the job done a lot quicker.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:52 PM
Wallhanger

Very easy to do. Just share your raw sonar data. You can include as many people as you want in the mapping group.

At the end of the day recording, you copy his raw sonar data (.sl2 files) onto your card and vice-versa.

Each guy then uploads all the data you've both collected to their IG account and has a private map with the same data on it.

Great option for getting an area mapped quickly.

Waxy
Old 03-20-2017, 10:04 PM
Slot Fish

This may sound stupid but how do I do that? I'm kinda old school and this stuff is kinda above my pay grade but i'm willing to learn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2017, 07:10 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1simplemann View Post
This may sound stupid but how do I do that? I'm kinda old school and this stuff is kinda above my pay grade but i'm willing to learn.
After you've recorded all your sonar data for the day, copy the files from your SD chip onto your computer. Your buddy does the same thing, and then you exchange cards.

Download his files from the SD card into the same folder on your computer that you keep your files (you may have to re-name them, which is a good idea regardless). You will now have all the sonar data files that both of you recorded for the day.

Now go into your Insight Genesis account page and upload all of the files. Remember to select the option to keep them private if you want to. Once you get the map files back from IG, if you kept them private, you'll want to merge them.

To merge all your individual map files, click on one of the map files from the lake, and view it. There will be a "Merge Trips" tab, click on that, and you should see a list of all the map files you have for that lake. Select the ones you want to merge, or select all of them, and click on the Merge Trips tab at the bottom right. Depending on the number of map files you're merging, you might have it back in 1 hr, or it might take up to 24hrs.

Waxy
Old 03-21-2017, 11:56 AM
Minnow

I share an account with my dad and uncle. You can have more that one unit on your insight account. Every time one of us get done fishing for the day we just upload the logs. Once the merge is complete you just copy to your units serial number. That was the easiest way that we were able to do it.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:34 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmahlum View Post
I share an account with my dad and uncle. You can have more that one unit on your insight account. Every time one of us get done fishing for the day we just upload the logs. Once the merge is complete you just copy to your units serial number. That was the easiest way that we were able to do it.
Now there's an idea. Just add his HDS 7 to my account. Simple. Plus he can do all the downloading and uploading since he understands it better than I do. Thanks
Old 03-21-2017, 09:32 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
After you've recorded all your sonar data for the day, copy the files from your SD chip onto your computer. Your buddy does the same thing, and then you exchange cards.

Download his files from the SD card into the same folder on your computer that you keep your files (you may have to re-name them, which is a good idea regardless). You will now have all the sonar data files that both of you recorded for the day.

Now go into your Insight Genesis account page and upload all of the files. Remember to select the option to keep them private if you want to. Once you get the map files back from IG, if you kept them private, you'll want to merge them.

To merge all your individual map files, click on one of the map files from the lake, and view it. There will be a "Merge Trips" tab, click on that, and you should see a list of all the map files you have for that lake. Select the ones you want to merge, or select all of them, and click on the Merge Trips tab at the bottom right. Depending on the number of map files you're merging, you might have it back in 1 hr, or it might take up to 24hrs.

Waxy
Still above my pay grade but I know just the person for the job! Your clear instructions will get him going in the right direction. then maybe he can show me! Thanks