Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
boat protection when trailering - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 03-31-2015, 04:34 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jul0682 View Post
How do u like it??
Quote:
How well does it work and keep your boat clean.. I have the same color as u so it's a pretty accurate question. .
I do like it. Easy to get behind and snaps off & on for loading & unloading. It nice's that it will fold up close to the boat for in the garage( less to walk around ), it's seems to be very durable. All last year, and no rock chips. Well over 400 miles of gravel roads.
It took me, and just me, 2 hours and it was installed too. They do make several front mounts for different boat applecations, just give them a call, he knows what you will need. Bob
Minnkota 101 Terrova
2 Lowrance HDS12s & 1 HDS9 touchs

Life's good if ur Fishin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Keeper

Thanks alot. Just placed the order with them. Getting all the hardware in black powder coated to match my trailer.. should be a good investment. . Does anybody use trolling motor covers?? Or seen some.. I know with the lund covers they don't cover the front bow where the trolling motor is and it's pretty exposed to weather all the time.. was wondering if anybody uses anything to protect it..

Thanks
Old 04-07-2015, 06:16 PM
Keeper

All.of u that have one of these unit either rockguard or trailertux on the lund, where did u guys put your spare tire at?? I'm kind of confused where to put it... any help would be awesome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Thanks alot. Just placed the order with them. Getting all the hardware in black powder coated to match my trailer.. should be a good investment. . Does anybody use trolling motor covers?? Or seen some.. I know with the lund covers they don't cover the front bow where the trolling motor is and it's pretty exposed to weather all the time.. was wondering if anybody uses anything to protect it..

Thanks
Jul . I have 1 of these... http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boati...0#BVRRWidgetID its Tigger Tight tho, seems to do a good job so far. You can kind of see it in the b4 pictures of the Rockgard.

Quote:
All.of u that have one of these unit either rockguard or trailertux on the lund, where did u guys put your spare tire at?? I'm kind of confused where to put it... any help would be awesome
I run big mud flaps on my truck, then the Rockgard, did have to move the spare tire mount back about three or four feet on the trailer. It kind of hangs out farther than I like, but I havn't broke out the welder yet. but everythings a work in progress
Minnkota 101 Terrova

Life's good if ur Fishin
Old 04-08-2015, 04:17 AM
Keeper

Thanks alot Bob for your reply. How do u like that cover for your trolling motor? Does it cause any scratches on the motor or did u put rags and stuff to protect it from that..

I'm going to be in the same bat as u. Have to figure something out for my spare. I might end up doing like u moving it back so it won't be in the way but I still have to figure something out cause like u in won't like it sticking out like that. Either that or I'll just remove it completely and put it in the back of my truck and it will always be protected from elements this way and stay new. Flip of a coin right about now.. lol
Old 04-08-2015, 07:06 AM
Slot Fish

Jul. the cover fits real tight on my 60" terrova .... It could even be bigger to fit better, way too tight. Maybe after it's been used all summer it will stretch so that it will go on and off easier.
As for the spare tire????? Been thinking of mounting it right behind the V of the trailer, like laying it flat there... I'm sure the back side of the rim would get rock chipped sitting there but , you wouldn't see it from above.......

Dam the cold weather.... New VHF radio been installed, wave Wackers are on, boats ready as can be, all battery's are fully charged..... What else can I do? I'm not gona buy any new tackle until I can go lose some....
Minnkota 101 Terrova

Life's good if ur Fishin
Old 05-22-2015, 12:57 AM
Slot Fish

I have the RockGards on my trailer as well. Not a lot of miles yet but I like that there is enough slack in them to prevent rocks from bouncing back at my tailgate.

2014 Triton 192 Allure
Mercury 200 Verado (L4)
Humminbird 959 and 999 graphs
Minn Kota Terrova 80 iPilot

Duramax to take it all where I want to go!
Old 05-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Wallhanger

Another option, and the best option in my opinion, is the Trailer Tux.

www.trailertux.com

Really good product and the best customer service I've ever experienced.

Waxy