Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
ERIE astrabula or conneaut where are the perch? - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 06-21-2002, 07:48 PM
Minnow

Default RE: ERIE astrabula or conneaut where are the perch?

Ashtabula
Went out today with my wife, lots of smallies. The first fish came about 30 seconds after we let our lines out. 5lb.+, down to 3 1/2lb. Trolled the Saybrook area, 3 mile west of Ashtabula breakwall, near Saybrook Harbor. Best was 27 to 33ft deep, out from Saybrook Pier, and 1/4 mile east. Marked tons of LARGE Smallies, suspended down 15 to 20ft., we used Bill Norman, Deep Little "N"s Black and Chrome, on 10lb. Fireline, 100' back. Started about Noon, but we got off the Lake when the storms and lightening came about 4:00pm. They are there, find the breaks and rock structure, you'll find the fish.

Connie Perch were slow Thur., and didn't hear anything good today.
Last I heard, some good Perch were taken at Ashtabula, in 52' of water, but that was Wed. evening. Don't know how the Perch bite was today, we only fished Smallies. Had a ball.

Lake minnows at ARU launch were $2.50 doz., launch fee $6.00. You may be able to launch at ramp at Lakeside, and Ziggy's will have creek chubs most likely, at $1.25 doz. if you stop there tell them you know me.........nice people. Jim and his wife Bunny.

All fish were released...........Good hunting. Stan

IF YOU CAN'T FISH, WHAT ELSE IS THERE??? OK, BESIDES THAT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2002, 04:40 PM
Slot Fish

Hey N/F, SHENANGO FISHERMAN...... well anyway..... the foot is getting better. be off at least another month tho. going up to walnut in erie to do some perchin sunday. i hear they're not to far out right now. i guess my shenango boat can handle 2ft or less !!! any worse and i'll crank up the 3 hp and putter back to shore. yeah right! you guys have a good day. Smitty
Old 06-22-2002, 04:55 PM
Minnow

The perch are moving out in Ohio, Conneaut was a bust Friday, 50' and only a few, all small, water temp 68 to 72. We have PA. licenses might have to give it a try.

Glad the foot is doing well, but how about the golf game??? Beat my 21 yet??? ERIE MAN@GOFISHOHIO

Get a bunch............Stan

Old 06-22-2002, 07:39 PM
jvolpe28

NF you will be into the walleye soon right? so the perch will not be back until fall right? I was guessing sept? at least you gave the perch heck while they were here! I went to pym today with the girls, hot and not enough wind for my taste, but a good day anyway, mommy caught her biggest slab crappie just under 15 inches, and the little one caught a nice walleye, we got alot of nice fish today, I still cant get those perch out of my mind! good luck tommorow GOOD FISHING
Old 06-22-2002, 07:40 PM
jvolpe28

6/22 updated pics = http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...6175&members=1
Old 06-23-2002, 07:18 PM
Minnow

Took Sunday off, no fish report...........nice pictures, glad you got em. Looks like it's work most of this week for me, let me know if you get up to Erie this week. Good fishing!!!