Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
lewis and clark gavins point dam - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 06-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Slot Fish

Default lewis and clark gavins point dam

heading up this weekend 2 weeks ago we had some luck around the maninite colonies 5-15 ft pullin plugs any new news always helps thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 06:13 AM
Slot Fish

Been a little slower now if their is a south wind the colonies probably will be ok.I have heard they are catching fish below the dam down by bridge and up.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:54 AM
Wallhanger

Default Gavins point

wally...do yourself a favor. Pull that stratos up one more dam. Put out of anywhere, you will catch far more fish. I know you have been there...as you have went up that way with me
Above yankton will be hit and miss from now to fall. Speaking of that...this fall get ahold of me and we can go.
One more thing...fishing the fast water at pickstown (after dark) has been heating up and should remain like that all summer long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Wallhanger

Yarhcaz I been wondering this for a long time. Did you misspell your own name backwards?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Wallhanger

Default Funny Story

A long time ago...one of my kids and I were practicing her writing letters and numbers. We were writing names backwards...she had written yarhcaz instead of yrahcaz...i liked it and started using it. She was probably 5 years old then and is now 16.
I do get asked that question alot, but I even like how it sounds so i have used it ever since.

Last edited by Yarhcaz; 06-21-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Slot Fish

Default fished above the dam

both sat and sun caught 2 drum in about 5 hours of only pulling plugs fished millers creek and amana colonies
Old 06-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Keeper

walleyewall, i seen you up there saturday, caught shorts and that was it. cranks didn't work at all. crawlers was the answer. my buddy caught nine in the same area we were fishing.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Minnow

Well that makes me feel a little better, 3/4 day sat. 5 drum 1 bass, 1 14" eye 1/2 day sunday a couple of bass. using BB with crawlers and pulling every plug known to man. Never saw or talked to anybody catching much in the way of eyes. next stop Francis Case. Whetstone Bay here i come.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Slot Fish

Default from what i hear now

from the bridges up or from the brides to the james river below the dam pullin plugs yah i should have broght some bait but plugs sre so much easier we used every color we had also maybe this weekend our luck will change GOOD LUCK FELLOWS
Old 06-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Wallhanger

Default Below Pickstown

Also hearing good things about plugging below FT. Randall... just so you know...message me for more info wally.