Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger Boat floor - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-04-2014, 02:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh1 View Post
he does not know and has been no help. cant fix my windshield my fender almost fell off not fixed after 45 days. called ranger 2 weeks ago and they couldnt tell me if my floor should be level. that is why i asked the question here.
Is this a 2014/2015 "new boat" or an older "new to you" boat?

What's wrong with the windshield? The dealer would have installed that on a "new" boat, because Ranger doesn't ship them to the dealers with the windshield in place.

I really find it really very hard to believe Ranger would tell you that they don't know if the floor should be level.

What aren't you telling us?
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 05:05 AM
Keeper

I am not making things up. its a 2014 angler, love the boat but going crazy. windshield will not stay straight the dealer has tried to fix 2 times. i have had fender come lose on way to canada nuts fell off and bolt head came out of fiberglass. bolt fell out of bunk i fixed that. list goes on and i have pics just want to know if floor should be flat. thanks
Old 09-04-2014, 05:57 AM
Charter Member

Floor flat as in there is a subtle change n the height or abrupt changes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 06:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
Exactly. If the dealer isn't doing anything for you...call the plant....870-453-2222

Have your hull number ready, because they will ask you for that.

Take some pictures too, because they will probably want to see what you're seeing.
Juls,
As we've seen with other manufacturers, I'm guessing that Ranger is aware of this thread, but they might not have enough owner & hull info to isolate the inquiry. Since the OP is a newly registered member, what does he need to post (dealer name, hull VIN, ?) to get this process moving?

HRG
Old 09-04-2014, 06:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh1 View Post
I am not making things up. its a 2014 angler, love the boat but going crazy. windshield will not stay straight the dealer has tried to fix 2 times. i have had fender come lose on way to canada nuts fell off and bolt head came out of fiberglass. bolt fell out of bunk i fixed that. list goes on and i have pics just want to know if floor should be flat. thanks
Its too bad Ranger is still having issues with the trailer fenders. Mine came off three times, and the dealer riveted them back on twice just to fall apart again. I finally convinced them to use bolts in a couple key spots to stop it.

Seems like your new boat experience might be going like mine did. Unfortunate, best of luck getting your issues addressed.
Old 09-04-2014, 06:49 AM
Wallhanger

a 1/4" variation in the floor of a glass boat wouldn't surprise me I don't think. I'm guessing you talking about a nice gentle fluctuation in the floor as in what you would see in a concrete floor.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Juls,
As we've seen with other manufacturers, I'm guessing that Ranger is aware of this thread, but they might not have enough owner & hull info to isolate the inquiry. Since the OP is a newly registered member, what does he need to post (dealer name, hull VIN, ?) to get this process moving?

HRG
If he called them already, then they have that info. They will not respond here. Just like the other manufacturers will not respond here.
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 09-04-2014, 07:15 AM
Keeper

I am not trying to start a fight or bad mouth ranger. But when you get a boat that stuff happens it makes you nuts. to answer the question on dipps. If you put a straight edge on floor it will dip down and back up 1/4 in a 36 inches. does this from front to back and from side to side. figured this out when the floor panel has been worked on 3 times with the last a new panel does not fit right.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
If he called them already, then they have that info. They will not respond here. Just like the other manufacturers will not respond here.
Juls, I certainly do not expect them to respond here. But, according to post #10, he has sent pictures and contacted them 4 times.

I'm just trying to help "close the loop" between a screen name and a dis-satisfied customer.

HRG

Last edited by Hot Runr Guy; 09-04-2014 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Wallhanger

Default Post some pics here

Post some pictures of your issues here and you may narrow down a solution.

Bill