Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Bolt action's, which one? - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Archery, Blackpowder, Rifles, Pistols, Shotguns...and whatever else you have.

Old 12-11-2015, 03:49 PM
Wallhanger

Default fore end screwed to barrel

Your Encore is like my Savage 99. One thing to check is any binding between the rear of the fore end and the frame. Since my Savage has a tenon that extends into a hole in the front of the receiver, that round wooden extension has to fit loosely into said hole. Then a lever action Savage built in 1952 will shoot with most over-the-counter bolt actions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Wallhanger

Iam surprised not to hear Christensen arms mentioned.Thats the bolt action iam looking at rite now.Carbon classic in 300 winn mag beautiful gun.
Derek LaPointe #7
Old 12-14-2015, 01:36 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov275 View Post
Iam surprised not to hear Christensen arms mentioned.Thats the bolt action iam looking at rite now.Carbon classic in 300 winn mag beautiful gun.
For the money there are better options have seen personally and heard to many stories of those guns not shooting. If the carbon bbl is the thing you want get one from proof research and have GA Precision spin it up on the extreme hunter platform then you have some thing
Old 12-18-2015, 07:12 AM
Wallhanger

Christmas specials around here have had the savage axis 2 xp, super cheap. After rebate it came to $249 for my 30.06. Didn't really need a rifle but for $249 I couldn't resist.

This model has the savage accu trigger, it is an awesome trigger especially considering how affordable the rifle is.

Only draw back so far is the stock, it is light weight and somewhat flimsy, I'm sure it will hunt fine but I ordered a Boyd's wood stock for it to give it a little more solid feel and better looks.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:22 AM
Wallhanger

How much was the new stock ?
Old 12-18-2015, 02:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
How much was the new stock ?
Boyd's stocks for Savages (Axis or 110 family) are little more than $100, and very minimal fitting.

Of course you could up the wood quality and ramp the cost. But the standard stock styles, wood or laminate, classic or thumb hole, right or left hand, are change over $100.

They are a very good option for the savage action.