Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake Erie Walleye Trail 2014 schedule and Early Bird sign-up - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 01-13-2014, 01:36 PM
Minnow

Default Lake Erie Walleye Trail 2014 schedule and Early Bird sign-up

LEWT Announces 2014 Schedule and Early Bird sign-up period.

The Western Basin Sportfishing Association (WBSA) and Lake Erie Walleye Trail (LEWT) announced the schedule for the 2014 tournament series.

The 2014 schedule is as follows:

April 5 – Magee East
May 3 – Lakeside - Lakevue Marina
May 17 – Sandusky
June 7&8 - Huron (2 day championship)

Early sign-ups are now being taken for teams fishing all 4 events and will run through January 31st. This sign up is for teams that are fishing all four events in 2014. Early Bird teams are Single event entries will be taken starting February 1 until each event is full. Early bird signs teams will also qualify for a $150.00 per event cash payout for the highest finishing Early Bird team courtesy of Medina Plating.

“I would like to wish all members of the WBSA and LEWT a Happy New Year! I hope 2014 is a safe, happy, and prosperous year for all of you, and your families. I enjoyed my position as Tournament Director in 2013. I again want to thank all of you, and our volunteers for all the help and support last year. I appreciated the opportunity to get to know the LEWT anglers in 2013, and look forward to seeing all of you this year. The LEWT has some outstanding fishermen and women. I was impressed with the quality of our anglers, as we weighed in some really impressive bags last year. Please join me in welcoming Eric Hirzel and Magee East Marina & Campground as a new sponsor and event host! We will kick off our season with our first event at Magee East. I also want to welcome Tim Overbaugh as a new sponsor, Tim will be providing a replica mount to the angler winning the big fish award at our season opener. I want to thank all of our new and returning sponsors for their continuing support! Without their financial support the LEWT could not function! I look forward to a great 2014 for the LEWT, let’s all work together to have a competitive, safe, enjoyable, and fish filled season. Good luck to all of you!” WBSA Tournament Director Joe Yingling

The WBSA is a Social based Club for anglers that fish in the Western & Central Basin of Lake Erie and its tributaries. Membership is open to all anglers or anyone interested in fishing, no matter what their location or skill level. Our goal is to present information in a manner that will help sustain and improve fishing in one of the greatest inland sport fisheries in the world. Scientific information, fishing techniques, locations and presentations are presented at meetings by expert knowledgeable speakers and tournament anglers in our group. The exchange of information between fellow members will help any angler improve regardless of their skill level.

To sign up, or for more information about the LEWT, please visit www.wbsa.us

Listed below are the 2013 LEWT sponsors: Cabela’s, Tom Sharpnack Chevrolet, Buick and Pontiac in Willard, Crown Battery, Medina Plating, Magee East Marina, Waldo Peppers Restaurant, Smooth Moves, Reef Runner Lures, Vic’s Sports Center, Erie Outfitters, WorldWide Marine Underwriters, Blue Water Fishing Products, Navionics, Rednek Outfitters, Hi-Way Bait.

Tournament Director
Joe Yingling
Joe.yingling@yahoo.com
419-621-4751
Old 01-14-2014, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

I see Navionics is a sponsor. Be sure to check out the Navionics + chip with SonarCharts for the best detail of Lake Erie http://www.navionics.com/en/navionicsplus

Top SonarCharts off
Bottom SonarCharts on
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 11.02.46 AM.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	64034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-01-14 at 11.03.08 AM.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	64042