Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
ontario bear and fishing outfitter - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Big Game Hunting

Old 07-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Minnow

Default ontario bear and fishing outfitter

I am looking for a outfitter for a bear and fishing trip next fall. We will have six hunters. Looking for a more guided trip rather then a more do it your self.Would like to have the meals included but could do our own cooking if the outfitter does not offer this. Anyone been on a great once in a lifetime trip and willing to share info would be great. Also would consider a different provence i.e manitoba ,alberta or others . THANKS for any info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2015, 11:08 AM
Wallhanger

1. Try searching for one with Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
2. Cabela's has a list of recommended outfitters.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Wallhanger

I would highly recomend looking at Sas or Manitoba over Ontario. Ontario is so over hunted the bears are usually very small.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2015, 07:53 PM
Keeper

Ontario has had a closed spring hunt for aroungd 10-15 years. Over hunted??.
How can this be??? Too many bears now.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:02 AM
Minnow

Give Kyle from Brace Lake Outfitters a call.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:18 AM
Wallhanger

I'm not a bear hunter,but during my visit last year at Black Bear Lodge in Red Lake Ontario, they had quite a few hunters coming in two weeks after our trip. The camp offers all meals. Trail cam pictures of bears were recently posted on their blog....... www.fishblackbear.com One was estimated at 400 lbs.

PjShorthorn
Old 08-20-2015, 02:22 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayiii View Post
I am looking for a outfitter for a bear and fishing trip next fall. We will have six hunters. Looking for a more guided trip rather then a more do it your self.Would like to have the meals included but could do our own cooking if the outfitter does not offer this. Anyone been on a great once in a lifetime trip and willing to share info would be great. Also would consider a different provence i.e manitoba ,alberta or others . THANKS for any info
Ask me in a week. Pulling out at 5 am tomorrow with the bows to bear hunt and fish Gullrock in Ontario, just south of Red Lake. Have had wonderful fishing there for 15 years. I'm expecting the hunt to go just as good. Great place. I'm sure Ian, the owner, has been working his butt off the last month or so to help our success.

Get with me later and I will let ya know!
Old 08-31-2015, 02:49 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayiii View Post
Ray,

I would highly recommend my outfitter. A buddy and I just got back. I harvested a nice sow on the first night in the stand. My buddy was at full draw the second night and decided to wait for a bigger one. He saw bigger but both were sows with cubs.
I think he could handle 3 hunters in one week fine but six would be out of the question. you would also be out of luck on the meals.
PM me if you need any questions answered.
Old 09-02-2015, 02:31 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboat View Post
Ray,

I would highly recommend my outfitter. A buddy and I just got back. I harvested a nice sow on the first night in the stand. My buddy was at full draw the second night and decided to wait for a bigger one. He saw bigger but both were sows with cubs.
I think he could handle 3 hunters in one week fine but six would be out of the question. you would also be out of luck on the meals.
PM me if you need any questions answered.
Congrats on the successful bear hunt! Very cool isn't it?
Old 09-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Wallhanger

Default Yes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportdog View Post
Congrats on the successful bear hunt! Very cool isn't it?
Very much so. I made it in the 300lb club!! 301.8 to be exact. I'm not afraid to say I get a tad emotional when I think or talk about it. I pray to God there will be another bear hunt in my future.